Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Might need to learn dentless paint repair

My car is a 2006 HHR we paid cash for. Truck is a 2004 Ford 150 club cab long since paid for. With the cost of insurance and older paid for vehicles I dropped full coverage on all three cars a couple of years ago. I also have a low mileage 2001 black Mustang that was under the carport but HHR and truck in driveway. Well, the storm came thru last night and dropped it's hail on us in Cheyenne OK. That same storm dropped two funnel clouds after it went by us but no serious damage except to a few fields.

Well, it showed the economy car had lighter steel than the truck. Truck has one good ding in hood and otherwise fine. HHR looks like an angry man took at with a ball peen hammer. Sad part is we planned to trade it in a few weeks since wife has a couple of longer trips planned and wanted to update the car. Truck I'll drive 'til wheels fall off.

We have a steel roof on our house, something quite common in the south. When the hail was at it's strongest the din was deafening. Wife and I had to shout at each other while looking at window on patio door. That was until a big chunk hit the window pretty hard from the winds and then we backed up to middle of room away from windows. No damage to house tho. HHR took the brunt of it. Our house is very well insulated in ceiling and has new sheetrock, insulation, and of course the open air to the roof trusses. With the way the sound was I had to think about what it must have sounded like in our shed with steel roof and completely open to the roof. A bit loud maybe?

Interesting thought. I'll have to check on that. Since the last time I had hail damage years ago in MN my car insurance took care of it (plus my contribution). House insurance took care of house and property. Thanx for thought even if it doesn't work out.

Unfortunately there is an exclusion clause very clear in bold print, does not cover automobiles or any other type of land based transportation. Guess we sell to a golfer.