Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

4 years smoke free!

Well this week marks 4 full years since I put down the cigarettes cold turkey. One of the top three decisions I have ever made in my life right along with quitting drinking and losing 160lbs. Much healthier these days than I use to be.

Congratulations, Steve.

I am also now smoke-free, and I too quit cold turkey.

Good for you!

steve

That's great Steve, such a hard addiction to give up. I've been quitting on and off for 25 years and it's tough. Congrats

Congrats Steve. Next month will be 6 years without a cigarette for me. Before that, I used to quit 20 times a day.

Congratulations to all of you !!!! I have never indulged myself ....so one can only imagine how hard it must be to kick such an addictive habit.

I have quit cold turkey too many times to count. Trying chantix at the moment. Hope it works, I really want to quit. Congratulations and hats off to those who have done so.

Way to go, steel.

Tis a bugger, no?

Like trying to quit breathing.

Wanker/bastages had me hooked some 18 years then I quit cold-turkey and have never looked back.

28 years smoke free.

(btw, think of all the fishing equipment you have had $$$ for ☺)

Congratulations Steve! Hang in there. Cold turkey is the way to go. When my fourth child was born, I quit cold turkey; she is now 16 but I started on cigars 4 years ago, last year, I went to cigarettes and cigars - stayed smoke free for 12 years though!

Way to go, steel.

Tis a bugger, no?

Like trying to quit breathing.

Wanker/bastages had me hooked some 18 years then I quit cold-turkey and have never looked back.

28 years smoke free.

(btw, think of all the fishing equipment you have had $$$ for ☺)

Oddly Jack this time it has been pretty easy for me. I had tried to quit hundreds of times before and never lasted more than a month or two. I think the reason it has been easy the past 4 years now is I was just finally ready to quit for myself. In the past I quit for family or because other people were wanting me to quit, but this time I just finally was ready to quit because I actually wanted to quit for myself so it's not been too hard at all now. Glad to see all the others that have replied and quit, that's great!

The first time I quit was in 1978, cold turkey. I chewed a lot of gum when I wanted a cigarette. Then about six years ago, I started smoking cigars. And pretty good cigars at that. An expensive habit. My daughter came down and beefed on the stinky house and so I quit again. About 4 years ago.

I don't miss it. I can't remember why I started smoking cigars; they were good, but boy do they stink. Took about two years to get the stink out of my house.