Fly Tying
rockworm

Fifth Annual Evolution Swap

cencalfly- I admit I really like your soft-hackle fly. But (and now I get to be the badass swapmeister) you must go to the blackboard and write 100 times: "I will not make more than one major change to my fly." It is true, you only deleted one part- the wing. But the rules clearly state:

" Your modification can be a change in colour, material, or the addition or subtraction of a material."

I would be most happy if you can find a way to include just a remnant of one of those wing materials somewhere on your new fly.

Good work you bad boy, cencalfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Gee, that was easy!)

Who wants to be third in line?

Sharon- Your suggestion is highly irregular. Underhanded and unusual. Maybe even suspicious!

I love it!

Of course, if you tye two sets of flies you would get an extra Evo set and someone would not get any.

Tell you what- If nobody takes third spot by 8:00 my time tomorrow you have a green light to give us another fly. OK?

Such gracious adjectives. Unusually quiet here but is there a football or hockey thing happening? I would gladly create another fly, maybe a roll call is in order to see who is actually still in.

Sharon- I polled the group a four days ago and I am still waiting for a response from most of our members. So, I will assume one is in until one says one is out.

edited so Horseshoes doesn't feel singled out.

Here is the problem as I see it. When we went down the list you had to make a decision and have a pattern in 48 hours from when your turn came. With this volunteer system it seems since no one is forced to make a decision, no one has. Personally I thought that Cencalfly had the #2 spot and we were waiting for #3 to volunteer. I was waiting to see which direction the pattern was headed before I jumped in to the swap. I'm still in, but I am wavering.........

Rockworm: it may solve things if you just publish a list like last year and we'll go with it. I didn't jump in at first because your instructions said things would proceed in order of the "following" list. I think we should go with that - if you feel comfortable posting a list.

I must admit, the start is interesting - it's the first pattern I've ever encountered that I needed to google the materials ...

Just post the list, and we'll do things in order?