Fly Tying
rockworm

Fifth Annual Evolution Swap

hang10

Evolution proceeds by single (usually) small changes. If you look back over the patterns offered by your fellow swappers you will see that each differs from the pattern before it by at most one major changes. (An additional change of hook size by one size is also permitted.) Your submission (which looks like a excellent fly) contains 6 changes. In fact, all you retained of your parent pattern was the collar. Please review the directions in my first post and resubmit your contribution.

Got it. :)

Checkmate 2.0

HOOK: #8

THREAD: black 8/0

TAIL: grizzly cock

BODY: muskrat

RIB: blue Krystal Flash

WING: Deer hair

HACKLE: grizzly cock

HEAD: red thread

Ok, the purple biots seems kind of tricky to find for me in the shops I normally frequent.

Can anyone help, or will pink be ok?

Else I will need to find some whites and then use a permanent felt marker....

/Henrik

Henrick- The marker sounds like a quick and easy solution. I bet you would get good results using a purple marker on your pink biots.

Henrik- I was hoping to have this swap wrapped up by July 1. But YGDWYGD (Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.) I can't start my work here until I have all your flies.

Sounds like the first flies are on their way. (Thanks for the quick work, Sharon!) Remember everyone: You DO NOT need to toe tag your flies and you will not get your original container back. (So make it cheap and disposable.)

Henrik- I was hoping to have this swap wrapped up by July 1. But YGDWYGD (Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.) I can't start my work here until I have all your flies.

I should be able to have them at your place before july 1st.

Henrik

Ok, the purple biots seems kind of tricky to find for me in the shops I normally frequent.

/Henrik

Henrick, I took white biots and dyed them with grape Kool-aid.

/Henrik

Henrick, I took white biots and dyed them with grape Kool-aid.

And kool-aid is not available in Denmark.

Luckily I'm going to Frederick MD and Boston MA next two weeks (any one in for some fishing or tying? - Will be at the lower savage and Big hunting creek at some points during the stay in MD) and might be able to get some kool aid. Is it available in Target?

I'm not far from Frederick but I'm also traveling the next 3 weeks, otherwise I would have joined you on the Savage.

geez, the Savage is one of my favorite spots (I live in VA). I'll be traveling as well the next 3 weeks ...