Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ccwnsc

Rewarding Day

I'm not a complete beginner, but I've been away from fly fishing and tying for several years... Work, golf, cycling all got in the way for a while. Started back to fishing a few weeks ago, but tied my first flys in ten years yesterday, during a rainy Saturday afternoon. Just some midges to get back into it and knock the rust off, but I used them today and caught several trout on one of the patterns..... Very rewarding to catch fish on your own flies anytime, but today was a bit special. Looking forward to some more time at the vise.

Welcome back. I can understand losing time to work and cycling but golf? No excuse for that. rolleyes.gif

As you might know, tying can become an entire separate activity in and of itself. It can become endlessly fascinating (and costly).

Steve

Wow that's great ! I haven't seen but a few rising fish here yet this spring. We had late ice out for us ( sometimes we never really freeze over solid but did this year and late and it stayed late). My midge patterns are waiting though ! I've seen a few midges in the air at two ponds but nothing that constitutes a real midge hatch as yet. I also saw a few bait fish in the shallows at one of those ponds so it's about to break open I think, heck it's almost May it better !!