Fly Tying
jfinn

Swap ideas

I'm thinking I want to get another swap going but I want to feel the water to see if we have enough interest. I'm not sure what the theme would be yet but I was thinking either pan fish or small mouth themed. I'm open to suggestions and will create and official swap if we have enough people.

Why not just open a swap. In 5-6 years, I have never seen a swap go unfilled. If you are going to the bother of asking people to tell you they would be interested in a swap, how is that any easier than offering a swap and seeing who signs up. Maybe something like "I am hosting a swap for x type flies. If we get 8 (or what ever number you wish) people It will go ahead. If we can't get 8 people it won't." Just saying.

Why not just open a swap. In 5-6 years, I have never seen a swap go unfilled. If you are going to the bother of asking people to tell you they would be interested in a swap, how is that any easier than offering a swap and seeing who signs up. Maybe something like "I am hosting a swap for x type flies. If we get 8 (or what ever number you wish) people It will go ahead. If we can't get 8 people it won't." Just saying.

Was more fishing to see if there was more interest in a pan fish,smallmouth or other themed swap.

If you want to be the swapmeister then just decide what category of flies and just announce it. No permissions needed unless you don't have the required number of swaps to start your own

Tyers join swaps no matter what the category is

Tyers join swaps no matter what the category is

truer words have never been spoken.

case in point..... i just signed up for the Bergman wet fly swap, and i don't fish for trout. i'm in it for the experience of tying slip-wing flies.