Fly Tying
artimus001

holy Zonkers Batman!!!

swap fever seems to have taken over the board, so here we go!!!!

the theme of this swap will be for any type/style of fly that uses a Zonker strip. it can be a regular cut or cross cut strip. fur that is cut from the hide is fine. first time swappers are encouraged to join. international swapper are welcome!!!

all of the usual rules apply. i do use PayPal for those that want to avoid the whole IRC issue. my address will be provided in a PM at the time of signing up. please have your screen name included somewhere on your shipping container; as well as toe tags for your flies. due date for submissions will be July 1st. each swapper is responsible for sending 12 flies.

SM- artimus001

1 - flyfishingdom - received

2 - vicrider - received

3 - add147

4 - Byron Anderson- received

5 - netabrookie - received

6 - professori - slump buster - received

7 - joseph russell- received

8 - ihang10 - dolly llama- received

9 - Adam Saarinen - micro pike - received

10 - li'lDave - received

11 - JasonV - deer mouse/zonker tail - received

12 - agn54 - zonked tube - received

(if i've missed anything, please let me know)

Actually, I have a few packs of Finnish Raccoon Zonker Strips that I've been just looking for a reason to use. Might as well be this one if you'll allow raccoon instead of rabbit. This fur is longer and softer than rabbit and maybe do a Coontail fly with palmered rabbit. Just a thought. Will have to experiment a little bit.

Never used any zonker strips...I am in but I do have one question...When do you use a straight zonker verses a cross cut one? I guess I could Goggle it and see for myself!

Well. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I recently had to drop out of 2 swaps that I'd joined simultaneously and that had due dates very close together. I was very upset to have to do this, and I swore I would not join another until I knew for certain that I could see it through. I do believe I am good to go now and I would love a spot in this swap, if you'll have me. You have my word that you will get my 12 flies, come hell or high water. If I'm in, I would like to do a fly called a Rattlesnake.

Hey add147, when you figure it out let me know. I never knew what the straight cut cross cut difference was for either. All I know is I have a bunch of furry strips.

Bryon, in the past I know you've completed swaps. It's up to both the SM and the mods but I'd let you in one of mine.

I'm in please. I have a few ideas in mind so I will decide which and then let you know.

Cross cut strips are designed for wrapping around the shank for collars with less bulk. this allows the hide to lay directly on the hook rather than wrapping on top of some fur if you make a collar with a straight cut strip.

update...

add147- your in

Byron Anderson - your in

netabrookie - your in

professori - your in

wow half way there already. i've sent a PM to everyone.

artimus001,

Quick question...May we tied the same fly as someone else or would you prefer us to all gave something different?