Fly Tying

17 LBS!!!! Dude, your hands must be the size of tennis racquets... I sincerely hope your career intentions are not to become a proctologist.

It's a very nice channel cat, but 17 lbs, are you sure?

forced perspective; that covers the first fish tale.

the second fish tale, well....... all i can say is that it is risky telling tall tales to a forum full of anglers, because they've all been told, lol.

great looking fish though!!!

I'm not trying to be a downer, but keep it real. First thing I would do, is check your scale against a certified accurate scale, like at a supermarket. A picture of numbers on a scale doesn't mean the scale is true. Maybe get yourself a 10lb bag of potatoes, weigh it on a supermarket scale to see what it really weighs, then weigh it on your fish scale.

As Artimus said, there are a lot of very experienced fishermen around here, who have weighed a lot of large fish. If I'm extremely generous with the width of your hand, and estimating a few curves of the fish, I put that fish at 28 inches give or take a couple. It has no belly to speak of, so again being reallly generous, I'd wager on 12 lbs maximum.

Don't get me wrong, it is a super fly rod trophy. I've never caught one that size on a fly. But I've caught plenty of them on other things.