Fly Tying
eide

June Flies from the Vice

Had some extra chartreuse 20lb backing laying on a shelf... thought I would try it as a rib

Looks pretty good I think...

DSCN1122.jpg

I use 30lb orange backing to make hotspot collars on big stoneflies.

FLAV%20UNUSUAL%20USUAL%20HC%20-1-_zpsqfq

UNUSUAL USUAL FLAV EMERGER – Howard Cole – Daiichi 1190, #12 – #16, TMC 100BL, #12 -#16…

FLAVS%20POSTED%20SW%20SSH_zpsvnq6v9av.jp

POSTED SPENTWING FLAV EMERGERs (Snowshoe Hare’s Foot) – Schollmeyer/Variant – Daiichi 1110, #12 – #14…

PT/TB

Here is a Bunny Hopper variant from zonker strips. eastern fly you're a big streamer tier...Your thoughts...

post-52478-0-84458400-1435549185_thumb.jpg

Here is a Bunny Hopper variant from zonker strips. eastern fly you're a big streamer tier...Your thoughts...

What material is used at the tail? The fly looks good. You just dont want it to slim down and loose your body profile. The head will puch water down the sides well. You dont want to loose that.

Kevin

What material is used at the tail? The fly looks good. You just dont want it to slim down and loose your body profile. The head will puch water down the sides well. You dont want to loose that.

Kevin

The tail is a white zonker strip with some cheap saddle feathers and the head is an orange zonker strip. I was messing around with some zonker strips that I bought. I figure since you are well adversed in streamer flies you'd be able to shed some light for me. Thanks!!!

What material is used at the tail? The fly looks good. You just dont want it to slim down and loose your body profile. The head will puch water down the sides well. You dont want to loose that.Kevin
The tail is a white zonker strip with some cheap saddle feathers and the head is an orange zonker strip. I was messing around with some zonker strips that I bought. I figure since you are well adversed in streamer flies you'd be able to shed some light for me. Thanks!!!

Try giving the zonker a little more length so you have more taper.

Kevin

You may want to try raccoon strips, they are longer fibers than rabbit, but also adding to eastern fly's comment a longer tail would add more profile and then add a mono loop to help prevent the tail from fouling

Thanks WVUontheFLY for your comments...I will most definitely have to try the mono loop...That's reason I made the tail kind of short was to prevent fouling. Have a SAFE and HAPPY 4th of July!

Getting ready for the big horn. Some Grey and some Tan Ray Charles and Origional Big Horn Scuds in a couple colors. I was getting frustrated tying the scuds so I'm going to take a break for a while but I plan to at least double the number of both by the end of the night and tie buggers and streamers tomorrow.

post-52247-0-33410100-1435704354_thumb.jpg

There's a ton of grass in parts of the Big Horn. You might want to consider tying those streamers so they ride hook point up.