Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michaelray

Hopper Dropper Swapper

Sorry for the slow shipment Michael. Had 'em done for awhile but just yours and some others packaged and labeled today and off tomorrow. I am no good at hoppers so for the indicator fly (bobber) I did a foam bodied dry fly in orange foam and white deer hair that should stand out good and float either of the two droppers I put in. There's a Sawyer bug with the yarn of choice today and a bead head Teeny Nymph type. Even the float fly might get eaten once in a while by a trout with cataracts.

Finally made it to the post office today. Flies have been done for a couple of weeks. Thanks for hosting michaelray, I enjoyed tying these flies.

Michael,

I Mailed my flies this morning, should be there in a few days. Thanks for hosting.

Michael(pica)

michaelray,

I will be getting mine in the mail tomorrow with 3 day priority mail they might be a day late. I tied a simple green foam hopper and some orange color midges. I hope the foam flies don't look to bad!!!! Thanks for hosting the swap I am curious to see what comes out of this one!

I have received everyone's except Vicrider's which should be here any time. Djd3mon misunderstood and thought the rules called for only one of each tied by each person, so he had to drop unfortunately.

Okay, now I'm worried. I knew I was cutting it close but thought I would beat the deadline. I'm going to go look for something.

Ah Ha. I'm getting better about saving routing #s. According to the tracking # it should have been in your mailbox on 7/13. Don't know what to tell ya'.

Okay, now I'm worried. I knew I was cutting it close but thought I would beat the deadline. I'm going to go look for something.

Ah Ha. I'm getting better about saving routing #s. According to the tracking # it should have been in your mailbox on 7/13. Don't know what to tell ya'.

Okay, Nick, I got your flies today. They ended up being sent to my old address which I'm not at anymore. Luckily, my grandma is living there now so she brought 'em by today. I'll get everything swapped and sent out tomorrow!

Sorry for the delay everyone!

Yeah, I hang my head in shame. I have the address on the flies MichaelRay sends for the monthly swap but never checked to see if was updated in my "trout book". Hate being the one to hold up a swap even if my intentions were good.

No worries Nick! It happens.

All the flies have been swapped and sent out. There were a few extras, so I just distributed them at random.

Thanks again, everyone tied some great patterns and I'm looking forward to fishing them in a few weeks!

Got my flies in the mail today. Very nice job by everyone. I'm thinking there are some good combos here to take advantage of hopper and bug season right now.

Thanx to all and our host especially.

Got mine in the mail today, great looking bunch of flies and what a great idea for a swap. Thanks Michael for hosting.