Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michaelray

Hopper Dropper Swapper

Mine arrived yesterday. A great and varied set of hoppers and an equally nice group of droppers, Thanks to all who participated and Thank you Michael for hosting this swap.

All flies have been sent out, so keep an eye out if you haven't received em yet.

Great ties everyone, I'll try and get some pics up sometime this week.

Thanks again to everyone that participated!

I just returned from 4 days in CO, and the flies arrived in my absence, most likely the day after I left. Great flies everyone. Wish I'd had them when in RMNP, I know i could've caught fish with all of them. I'll be backpacking in a few weeks and be sure to take them with me on that trip. Excellent swap idea michaelray, and thanks for hosting.

Where are you backpacking David? Somewhere in your area? I'm doing a packing/flyfishing trip in the Trinity Alps here in a few weeks.

I'll be going somewhere off 108. Planning 2 nights in the high Sierra with my brother. I'll have a tenkara rod for each of us and plan to do plenty of fishing. Hope your trip goes well. We've had some pretty good thunderstorms the past month so the high country lakes and steams don't look as bad as one would expect with the drought.

Well just an FYI...I got the envelope in the mail yesterday but no flies! I got some red plastic light junk that was busted all up and a letter from the US Postal Service apologizing that my package got damaged during the shipping process. I guess the did not know what was actually in the envelope so they just put something in it...LOL...Oh well I have been doing swaps since last December and have never had any issues so I guess I can't complain. I will say I will no longer be using brown paper envelopes I will start using the plastic bubble envelopes instead.

I'll be going somewhere off 108. Planning 2 nights in the high Sierra with my brother. I'll have a tenkara rod for each of us and plan to do plenty of fishing. Hope your trip goes well. We've had some pretty good thunderstorms the past month so the high country lakes and steams don't look as bad as one would expect with the drought.

That's awesome David. Last I heard, there's still some decent water where I'll be headed as well. I still need to pick up a Tenkara...

Well just an FYI...I got the envelope in the mail yesterday but no flies! I got some red plastic light junk that was busted all up and a letter from the US Postal Service apologizing that my package got damaged during the shipping process. I guess the did not know what was actually in the envelope so they just put something in it...LOL...Oh well I have been doing swaps since last December and have never had any issues so I guess I can't complain. I will say I will no longer be using brown paper envelopes I will start using the plastic bubble envelopes instead.

Man!! That's a bummer! I've had a couple mishaps from the USPS this past couple months including a couple packages that went missing for almost a month after they were supposed to have been delivered. I have another that was supposed to be here Friday from another swap but I have yet to see it.

add147, do you fish the flies? I am very serious about this. I do not see myself doing much with any of my flies short of admiring them on a daily basis. Love swaps and seeing other's flies and hope mine are becoming closer to the quality I receive. I have put my swap flies separate in a box and because of missing swappers even one of mine is in there. If you fish them I will send you my set. Better they get fished than just eyeballed on my desk occasionally.

Nick

I appreciate your offer but to be totally honest I have yet to fish any flies. I tie just to tie. Not to upset about it since I have been in swaps since last October only one package got messed up I can't complain. I will use the plastic envelope with the bubble wrap on the inside from now on.

Roger on that add. Time you get yourself a fly rod and start making use of some of those flies you're collecting. I am still hoping to get one more trip in this fall to the Red River and the White River in AR this fall. If I do I will two primary fly boxes. One selection of swap flies and one selection of my flies. Nice thing about my fishing the last few years it has been with a guide in a boat since wading is over for me so he can tie on those little bitty flies.

I'm going to the Fall Expo up in Mountain Home in October. Taking my Dad, Pat Cohen is suppose to be there. Already sent my pre registration fee in and got us a room in Cotter for 3 nights. Can't wait!!! I am planning on having a great time with my 71 year old Dad.

Cool Adam. I'll be there for the SRG. Southern Rod Makers Gathering. It's all bamboo makers and those of who fish them. Couple dozen rod and reels on the racks to pour through and test out. I buy at least one rod there every year. The dates for that are 15th through the 17th. I also plan to spend some time on the Red River along with the White River this year. I seriously have to consider this could be my last traveling trout trip so I want to make the best of it. Would love to do the Expo but that's the first weekend of Oct. isn't it?

I might stay at the Cotter Trout Inn, or if I sell a car before then I might splurge and get a nice cabin on the river.

After waiting on usps I finally got the flies back from the swap, they look great everybody!! Thanks again Mike for letting me be apart of it and can't wait to do some more swaps