Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

May Fly Monthly Swap Pictures

Okay, a little explantion is needed here. In the process of handling some of the tags fell off or the cats ate them. I'm also not that good at shooting pics. I'm kinda liking it and may play some of the simple lightboxes some use but for now this is what you get, and those doing this know it's not a 5 minute game. I will identify the flies that still had tags, those tags lost and mixed up I am just going to post pics and you can wait until you get yours (they're on their way) or step in and fess up which is yours. So here we go...

This is an extended body from Add147

DSC01079.JPG

And Michael Ray has a delicate spent wing that's hard to show wings

DSC01082.JPG

J-Kno has a parachute calibaetis...whatever that is...all bugs to me

DSC01083.JPG

Joe Russell has a Mallard winged mayfly ( I think Mallard )

DSC01085.JPG

And since I accidentally posted that already I'll go on from here

BassBugn has sent us a high floating Grizzly Wulff

DSC01086.JPG

And Border Collies has this beautiful Wally Winged spent

DSC01084.JPG

djTrout has this CDC winged lovely fly

DSC01087.JPG

And Jolly Red has given us this Catskill style March Brown

DSC01089.JPG

Kennebec has this Red Quill Dark the pic doesn't do justice

DSC01091.JPG

This is my version of a hackle tip winged fly...hopefully your wings aren't quite as high as this one is

DSC01094.JPG

And now we start with a nice parchment wing and just post 'em with no names. Please let us know.

DSC01088.JPG

DSC01093.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

I was personally a little apprehensive about this swap but I must say everyone did one he** of a job on these flies!!!! Can't wait to add them to my collection. Thanks everyone for a great swap!!!!

There's a nice collection. Covers most of the dominant mayfly hatches in my area. I think add's will do good on the hex/ green drakes, which can be a feast for bigger trout. That grizzly wulf will get some fishing time due to the rough waters I fish (unfortunately I'll probably lose it in a tree), Joseph russels looks like it will get added to the still water collection. And that last parachute if it's 14 or smaller will definately catch some brookies, can't quite tell everything from the pic so whoever tied it, If I can't figure it out when I recieve it I'll be asking for an sbs. I'll find some water for all of them.

Thanks everyone! I've fished a couple of them so far on my local coastal rainbows and juvenile steelhead! Looking forward to seeing what everyone does rest the year!