Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Rod for a friend's daughter

1Gnvmy.jpg
stXBmP.jpg
PSdhbD.jpg
dQkyjl.jpg

Just finished this 8'6" 5wt up for a friend's young Daughter a bit ago. Matrix blank with yellow wraps and gold trim with a bit of yellow accents added into the grip.

Black for a young girl? I expected pink when I read the title. That's a beauty though.

Great looking rod, as usual. I like the black and gold ...Univ of Missouri. Go Mizzou!

steve

Black for a young girl? I expected pink when I read the title. That's a beauty though.

Yep even though shes young and a girl she comes from a very hard core fishing family so no gimmicks for her, just all business.

I did a rod for a niece who is a cancer survivor. Black 7'6" blank but by her choice I did all pink silk wraps, had a cyber friend of mine make a pink reel off his 3D printer and put roses on it with her name Rose. Came out great and the outfit is everything she wanted it to be.

What's the stripper ring in the 3rd pic? Looks like its waiting for agate or a lining?

Nope that's the style stripper, it's a smooth frame stripper much like the Thomas & Thomas strippers are on some of their rods.

Nick... do you have a pic of that rod with pink wrapping and pink reel? Sounds cool.

Something about black and yellow, It really compliments each other, I really like this rod. Nice work

Ah Steve I thought I'd seen that type somewhere before. T&T rods are few and far between here though.