Fly Tying
wapanocca

Hello from E TN

I just found this site. Years ago I tied trout flies and just started to get back into it. Have a Regal vise and fish old school Browning Silaflex rods....several, actually many!!. I fish the finger lakes of the Smokies and several other lakes around here. There is a trout stream right out my back door. At 72 I feel blessed; all my kids are off my payroll and doing well, I have a great wife and we have reasonable health. I look forward to learning a lot here.

Ampetu wasteyelo,

wapanocca

Welcome to the site.

With 72 years behind you, I am hoping you'll be relating some stories, too. You might learn a lot ... but we'll gain some too, I think.

Welcome Wapa! Where is "around here"? Anywhere near Norris Reservoir? Or Douglas? I have friends in Maryville and Heiskell that I visit off and on. Really nice area, expecially around Townsend vicinity.

I live between Maryville and Townsend. After I retired we spent four years on a Sioux reservation in SD. Then came back to the mountains. Fly fishing has been in my blood since 1964. This area has so many opportunities for a flyfishermen; everything from lakes to small streams full of brookies.

You're in a great place! Right near Douglas, the French Broad reservoirs, the Little Tennessee R. reservoir, and don't forget to visit Cade's Cove.