Fly Tying
RogueFlies

Tyers of the Famous Sort

Who are some of the big dogs (or were) in the tying industry, it'd be nice to know some names and see some of the patterns they came up with. Seems like everybody gets to give credit to all these guys and I'm stuck in the corner drooling and scratching my head haha.

Al Troth, Bob Clouser ( I'm pretty sure that's his name haha), Lee Wolf, George Griffith, Randall Kaufmann, Lance Eagan, Rim Chung, John Barr, Dave Whitlock, Lefty Kreh, Mike Mercer, Larry Dahlbergh, Ken Morrish. All I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps (:

Carrie Stevens, Ray Bergman, Frank Sawyer, Megan Boyd, Art Flick, Bill Edson, Kelly Galloup, Don Gappen, Dan Bailey. There are tons of fly tiers out there, especially when you start thinking about people who contributed one major pattern. Like Leonard Halladay originator of the Adams, obviously he tied many patterns but the Adams is just about all he is known for, very rarely I see Halladays Hopper pop up somewhere.

Al Troth, Bob Clouser ( I'm pretty sure that's his name haha), Lee Wolf, George Griffith, Randall Kaufmann, Lance Eagan, Rim Chung, John Barr, Dave Whitlock, Lefty Kreh, Mike Mercer, Larry Dahlbergh, Ken Morrish. All I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps (:

Thanks for the info man, it's funny now that I see their names, I can tell which flies are their original patterns haha

Carrie Stevens, Ray Bergman, Frank Sawyer, Megan Boyd, Art Flick, Bill Edson, Kelly Galloup, Don Gappen, Dan Bailey. There are tons of fly tiers out there, especially when you start thinking about people who contributed one major pattern. Like Leonard Halladay originator of the Adams, obviously he tied many patterns but the Adams is just about all he is known for, very rarely I see Halladays Hopper pop up somewhere.

Thanks for the knowledge sir, it is really cool seeing the different names and seeing what they came up with. Gives tying a little more meaning to be able to carrying on these tyers traditions and patterns.

Pat Cohen, April Vokey and many contributors to this site that SHOULD have their name's in lights.

Dron Lee, Planettrout and Kimo jump immediately to mind.

Hans Weilenmann has built an enormous library of great fly tyers. He personally took the excellent photos and built the website. Not all famous, but all deserving.

Check out Hans's fantastic tying videos while you're there.

http://flytierspage.com/

Alice Conba's BWO (wet)

bwo_wet.jpg

Thanks for the list of names guys, I really appreciate it!! With school most my studyING goes to that and any free time I have is tying or hangin with the fam, so this is a true help. Thanks guys :)

I didn't see Davie McPhail on the list, either. I love his videos I have watched online. I think Andreas Andersson should be in here, too.