Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
hexfli

Puppy Clouser

They look good. I tie a similar looking streamer on a 8 3x hook using coon tail with the light on the bottom and the black tipped on the top. I leave some of the under fur in to create a fuller fly. I have had good success under the right conditions,ie flow color. Have you tried them yet?

I've caught trout on some sz.8 3x hooks: olive on top white on bottom with about 4 strands of pearl krystal flash in the middle. I made eyes out of two translucent gold glass beads secured to form a barbell with 50#mono. Only problem is after about 5 fish the eyes fall appart. sad.gif Maybe the bead chain would be more durable, and I could paint the eye pattern on them.

Nice little clousers there. I'll bet the bluegills would tear 'em up!

A.A.

. I made eyes out of two translucent gold glass beads secured to form a barbell with 50#mono. Only problem is after about 5 fish the eyes fall appart.  Maybe the bead chain would be more durable, and I could paint the eye pattern on them.

No doubt the bead chain will be more durable and add just a touch of weight. I use beadchain on almost all of my clousers.