Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

a silent moment by the sea.........

Beautiful Terje! But a couple of questions:

1. did you pose the canoes, or were they already that way?

2. I thought you lived way inland from the sea. Did you take a trip to the seashore?

3. This looks a great deal like the view you posted last week (sans canoes) except that the crescent moon now has dropped almost below the horizon. Am I right?

Beautiful Terje! But a couple of questions:

1. did you pose the canoes, or were they already that way?

2. I thought you lived way inland from the sea. Did you take a trip to the seashore?

3. This looks a great deal like the view you posted last week (sans canoes) except that the crescent moon now has dropped almost below the horizon. Am I right?

Thanks a lot, FlyFly :-)

It should have been "by the lake" :-)

They are the same canoes that you saw on the picture you refer to :-)

Terje

You're on a roll..that is beautiful. Nice work and thank you. Flafly, good eye on that moon. Cheers, Ed

Ed, if you want to be really inspired, I suggest you search back through all of Terje's posts. He is one of the best nature photographers in my acquaintance. He's posted some miraculous things on this forum. His posts are like hamburgers to me.... I can hardly wait for the next one!

Another awesome photo Terje.I would love to hear about the camera equipment and camera settings that you use to take these.You are an inspiration to all of us amateur photographers.Great work!

You're on a roll..that is beautiful. Nice work and thank you. Flafly, good eye on that moon. Cheers, Ed

Thanks a lot, Ed :-) :-)

Terje

Ed, if you want to be really inspired, I suggest you search back through all of Terje's posts. He is one of the best nature photographers in my acquaintance. He's posted some miraculous things on this forum. His posts are like hamburgers to me.... I can hardly wait for the next one!

You´re to kind FlaFly, i´m just an amateur in progress :-) :-) :-)

Terje

Another awesome photo Terje.I would love to hear about the camera equipment and camera settings that you use to take these.You are an inspiration to all of us amateur photographers.Great work!

Thanks a lot, Kentuckysteve :-)

Modell: Nikon D800
Lens: Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G
focal length: 24mm
Apperture: f/10
Shutterspeed: 2.5s
Exposure: M
ISO: ISO 100
Flash: Nikon SB-910
I used a flash with a softbox attached to it just to slightly light up the part in front of the canoes.
Terje

Thanks Terje for the camera info.That is a great camera.I just started using a full frame camera.I was wondering if you used a ND filter for the photo but i see now the low iso and small aperature allows you the longer shutter speed.Smoothed the water out.The soft box was a neat trick.Do you use a hyper focal distance calculator for the focus or just set the lens manually and get the shot?Even with the low light the farthest point in the pic seems to be as in focus as the foreground.Your landscapes are amazing.

Steve

Thanks Terje for the camera info.That is a great camera.I just started using a full frame camera.I was wondering if you used a ND filter for the photo but i see now the low iso and small aperature allows you the longer shutter speed.Smoothed the water out.The soft box was a neat trick.Do you use a hyper focal distance calculator for the focus or just set the lens manually and get the shot?Even with the low light the farthest point in the pic seems to be as in focus as the foreground.Your landscapes are amazing.

Steve

You´re welcome, Steve :-) :-)

I shot everything in manual mode :-) I like the challenge myself to have full manual control :-)

Thanks for your kind comment :-)

Terje