Fly Tying
mikechell

pets

The ONLY down side to having kitties, they don't live as long as we do.  We lost Petey today.  He was 14+, and a very special cats, especially to Jennie.  He was her boy.  He'd let me scrub and love on him on one platform of one cat tree in the house.  Absolutely loved my attention there.  But I couldn't get near him anywhere else in the house.  But Mommy???  Oh, he LOVED being with her, no matter where she was.

He stopped eating about 10 days ago.  Jennie has been hand feeding him with a syringe, trying to get his strength back.  He has some kind of anemia that requires transfusions to counteract, and nowhere around here does them.  So, we had to have him euthanized.  He was so weak he couldn't walk.

It was a very rough day.  We'll miss him.

when I do this.JPG

I'm sorry for your loss Mike, we lost one of our two a while ago, he got a blood clot in one of his major arteries he was only 8 or so, I figured we would have him for several more years unless he paid the price for his freedom and got eaten by a coyote.

So sorry Mike I know how much the kitties mean to you and Jen. Went through it myself last year as well with one of mine. Crazy how those lil' furballs  can become such a part of the family.

Sorry to hear this, Mike. I'm with you, our pets are our children. We care for them as much as humans and like them better than most! It sounds like you gave him a great home while he was here. Hoping for some brighter days ahead for you.

Thank you, all, for your thoughts.  We're doing okay.   The others have stepped up their game to amuse us, and it's working, somewhat.

Michael and Lexy.jpg

Lexy 1-12-19.jpg

My baby ... Lexy.   19 years old.  She lost her hearing a year ago, and started going blind about a month or so ago.  She was in a constant state of confusion and anxiety, so we put her to rest today.  She was the sweetest cat we've ever had.

They just don't live long enough.  She will be greatly missed and always loved.

So sorry. Really sucks to lose them, especially when you lose two close together like you guys have now, but 19yrs is a good life for a kitty. She obviously lived a nice happy loved life in your home.

Thanks guys.  Yeah, she was the MOST spoiled child in the country, I believe. For the last week, she wouldn't leave my bed except to use the litter box.  She wasn't eating, so Mom was taking her food to her.  Imagine, a cat getting breakfast and dinner in bed!  

She had a loud purr, and it would turn on if she saw you look at her.  That was all it took.

I miss her.

21 hours ago, mikechell said:

Thanks guys.  Yeah, she was the MOST spoiled child in the country, I believe. For the last week, she wouldn't leave my bed except to use the litter box.  She wasn't eating, so Mom was taking her food to her.  Imagine, a cat getting breakfast and dinner in bed!  

She had a loud purr, and it would turn on if she saw you look at her.  That was all it took.

I miss her.

She sounds like the best kitty ever. We have one now that my brother left me, and he's quite a dude. At first he was quite stand-offish but now he's realizing that everything he needs, including affection is either going to come from Angel or Me. But he lets you know when you can give him affection.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:22 PM, mikechell said:

I miss her.

I'm Sorry for you Mike-  I'm a lifetime dog and cat owner, they are members of the family and it's heartbreaking to loose them.  Pets bring so much joy into a home, I truly feel bad for people who have never known the unconditional love and companionship of a good dog or cat.  Humans can breed dogs and cats in every shape and size but I really wish we could breed them to live a longer life.   Your wife and you can find comfort in knowing you gave her a wonderful life while she was here.