Fly Tying
vicrider

Secret Santa 2015 time is here

Joseph, thank you for the very beautiful fly wallet with flies.

Really like the concept.

Maybe I can convince you to make a special one to my dessign for tying tools to use at the stream. I will PM you one day.

Regarding the red fly, is it the baitfish?

Henrik

yes the baitfish, thank you, I hope those flies are productive in your part of the world, as far as the tool kit no problem at all.
The Baitfish doesn't have a name.

They are however extremely easy to tie.

Tail is gray squirrel and the body is baitfish emulator flash in light tan.

The color is letraset pen in henna and black. Head is UV resin.

Use scissors on the body to achieve the right silhouette.

Henrik

Joseph, thank you for the very beautiful fly wallet with flies.

Really like the concept.

Maybe I can convince you to make a special one to my dessign for tying tools to use at the stream. I will PM you one day.

Regarding the red fly, is it the baitfish?

Henrik

yes the baitfish, thank you, I hope those flies are productive in your part of the world, as far as the tool kit no problem at all.
The Baitfish doesn't have a name.

They are however extremely easy to tie.

Tail is gray squirrel and the body is baitfish emulator flash in light tan.

The color is letraset pen in henna and black. Head is UV resin.

Use scissors on the body to achieve the right silhouette.

Henrik

Thank you!

Very grateful! Thank you Nick for hosting this swap. I got a great Christmas present from TymeKeeper...wonderful flies. I will think of you both this year when I tie on one of these beautiful flies. God bless you and Merry Christmas. Ed

Merry Christmas to our Secret Santa, and thanks again for the fun extras. Dave, the flies will get a serious test in the next few days. Thanks, they are just the thing for "winter" fishing on the flats here, even if it is still in the mid 80s.

Vicrider, thank you for hosting such an outstanding swap!

Netabrookie, thank you for the wonderful box of flies, I can't wait to fish them in the Spring!

Merry Christmas to vicrider and thank you for hosting another Santa Swap.

Thank for Green for the wonderful flies! Can't wait to give them a try!!!

Now this is Christmas that makes sense. Thanks to Branden_* for a wonderful selection and just-so-happens my currently fav box!

Taking a short vacation visiting my kids in VA Beach this weekend; looking out over the ocean and the boardwalk xmas light display from hotel room, reading posts ...

Life is good.

Many thanks to Fletchfishes for a wonderful set of flies. I'll be headed to Tennessee this summer and those will get plenty if use. I also plan on using several as models to tie myself. Thanks again for hosting Nick

Marry Xmas to all with a special thanks to Nick for hoisting! Great box of fly form Add147 thanks so much. I plan to try them out today😀. Crazy weather here in NY 75 Xmas eve and 50 today no ice on pond what else would I do? Not often that I get to play the day after Xmas. Tight lines to all in the new year

Frank

Santa brought me a very nice set of flies and box from Jolly Red. He always ties great flies and the box is one that I will certainly enjoy using. Thanks, Red! And thanks, Vic, for hosting and doing all the extra & special things that are necessary to host the Secret Santa swap. Ya dun gud!

Jolly Red, I'd like to ask you about the fly with the clipped deer hair head. Does it have a name? I really like that one, & I expect that the 'gills will also. Thanks for a super set of flies. I also like the box. Do you mind if I ask where you got it? I'd like to maybe get another one.

Thanks

BB

Man was Christmas morning a joy opening the boxes I got from Dubs and Joseph Russell, thank you guys for the great boxes and awesome flies, will definitely be putting them to good use!

And while we're thanking people I'd like to thank all who participated. Great boxes this year, lots of great ties and flies and I hope I got ones very usable to the right people for the most part.

I'd like to thank IMX for his flies and box which is the one I ended up with in the last minute shuffle and ties fit my panfishing hopes very well.

If the reaper hasn't caught up with me by next year I'm looking forward to doing this again. Each year I get a little better at it and so has the swap.

Thx again Nick.

utyer. PLEASE get out there... we're having some very ordinary forecasts at the moment, so it is very hard to plan a day out.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to Rogueflies for the great set of flies and the very cool wooden fly box! I like all the flies, but the nymph with the CDC loop wing and beadhead are particularly appealing. I'm looking forward to putting them to test here in New England.

I've been off line for a few days. Thanks psycho prince for the flies, got quite a few eyebrows raised around the tree when the name tag was read.

Thanks for the extras Santa Vic. Great job, looking forward to next year.