Fly Tying
netabrookie

Safety Pin Swap

Just an observation.

If you don't want the safety pin to be as obvious, can you tie the fly "sideways" to the pin? So would look more like ...

PJ2, Joseph Russell, Rex W and Pica you are all in and thanks for joining. I'mj not sure if Riff is in or was just curious so I will wait a little while before I update the list. I sent him a pm early this morning but I haven't heard from him yet.

Just an observation.

If you don't want the safety pin to be as obvious, can you tie the fly "sideways" to the pin? So would look more like ...

attachicon.gifsideways.jpg

Now that's a GREAT idea mikechell!!!

netabrookie,

I will jump in on this swap if you will allow me too? Sounds pretty interesting to me!!!

Add147 and Riff thanks for joining. I was only joking with Breambuster about tying a Jock Scott if he tied the Parmachene Belle. I have seen Riff's work on a salmon fly and he is amazing. I catch myself looking at that fly a lot while it rests in it's shadow box. I have been playing around with a stonefly nymph but I might change my mind a few times before I finally decide.

If I did my math right there is only one swapper to go and then we are full.

after boxing all my swap flies into a collection; it will be nice to have a set of swap flies that i can actually 'use'. these flies will go onto my fishing hats.............maybe. they might just end up in the fly collection with the rest of my swap flies, lol.

PS2, there's nothing to worry about at all. Just have fun and tie whatever you want. If it's a traditional looking fly tied on a safety pin or something strange and unusual it will still be fine. The main thing is, like I said before, just have fun.

in, this sounds like fun, whimsical too - going into winter holiday season.