Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Trout Swap Series

Riff, your own pattern is fine. We are just looking for how well you tie up a set. How much they all look alike and how neat they are.

BB

Mine hit the mail today. Picked the best dozen of 20 or so. Anyone want any seconds? I also tossed in a couple of ties that have moved cold water 'gills for me in the past. Really work good with a bit of Powerbait on the hook...but I'd never do it, just heard about it.

Vic, I'm sorry to be so long about posting. Let me say, first that the Prince Nymphs are awesome. Very nice work. I will spare you the excuses except to say that work has been unexpectedly busy for the past two weeks and I'm a guy past retirement age trying to work a 20-something's schedule. The set of flies, though, are all clones of each other. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it.

BB

Thanx. Got to thinking after a bit that you sometimes get all tangled up with workload. I've given that stuff up myself. If the opportunity to retire comes up don't waste a lot of time thinking about. Unless you're a type A who can't stand to work this retirement stuff is pretty good.

Two funerals in 2 weeks that I have been in charge of. That involves a LOT of leg work, visits, planning, preparation, etc. Retirement could happen as early as about this time next year. Financial concerns, especially related to medical insurance for my wife is the hold-up there. Then there are a few other concerns that, perhaps, only someone else in my line of work could understand. But if you have a feel for the kinds of things that I deal with professionally and want to discuss it further, please PM me. I don't know that we should discuss it here.

But I can tell you that there is a little house, sitting on a hill, that overlooks one of our state's large hydro-electric impoundments & there is a "scanoe" in the back yard that is calling my name and I can't wait until we are living there.

Thanks for understanding, Vic.

BB

Fishingbobnelson, your flies arrived today and, as always, they are excellent. Very nicely done. And, as always, the extras are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Take care.

BB

DavidR, your flies arrived a couple of days ago. I'm just late about acknowledging them. Great flies and they are certainly Invitational Swap quality. Every one looks like every other one. Thanks, so much.

Take care

BB

Good to hear BB. Have to admit I reached a point were I had to mail them or I was going to start micro measuring them and drive myself crazy lol