Fly Tying

cool widget.

my problem is with pin on zingers. i've lost more gear attached to zingers then any other way. does anyone make a zinger that uses magnets as a means of attachment?

If you've lost stuff on the clips, why would a magnet be any better?

One of the first things I've done with all of my zingers is to tie on a new, better clip.

Check out the S-Biner SlideLock from Nite Ize. I use those on the ends of my zingers and with all the bushwhacking I do trout fishing, have not lost any attachments as yet.

Looks good, but the design appears to exclude use with some dry fly styles due to curvature.

i'm referring to the safety pin bending out and losing the whole works. my thought would be to use magnets to hold the zinger in place. one on the back of of the zinger, and one on the opposing side of the fabric.

Could work, I suppose.

My experience with those types of magnets ... they're great for name tags, but a sideways tug and they let go, too. I think the first time you really snatched at what ever was on the zinger, you'd find out why they're called zingers.

So far, I haven't had any of mine come loose on that end. I lost one clip on the line, hence the improved ones on all.

Usually the problem with the safety pin can be resolved by tightening the bend in the capture clasp. I also sometimes add a drop of Knot Sense to the clasp/pin connection point.

i'm referring to the safety pin bending out and losing the whole works. my thought would be to use magnets to hold the zinger in place. one on the back of of the zinger, and one on the opposing side of the fabric.

Similar to the name tag my wife wears on her work clothes, the small super magnets are definitly strong enough to hold a zinger, but you might have to make that yourself.lol

cmon guys do a google search

not all zingers are created equal or even use a safety pin to attach to your vest or whatever else you would attach it to

https://www.google.com/search?q=badge+zingers&biw=1280&bih=728&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP3JHzkbHJAhWIGx4KHS04CG4Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1.5#imgrc=eDG5mR5qCzjV-M%3A