Fly Tying
MuskyFlyGuy

Musky Fly Swap 2016

We all need a "Walt". If he has long, slim saddle hackles, I would be very interested. I imagine most of the people in the Musky swap would also be interested.

Tom

For most of my feathers I bounce around between 3 local shops and look in each pack of bugger packs from whiting to see if any have good feathers to use on musky flies. I find quite a few that will have multiples patches with good feathers of 6-9" long and also I will buy a saddle every once in a while if it has some good length to it and the ones I typically get range between $30-50

post-35105-0-64838000-1457722964_thumb.jpg

Eastern Fly

rabbit streamer

post-35105-0-98180000-1457723046_thumb.jpg

Josephcsylvia

Firetiger Diver

post-35105-0-18149800-1457723135_thumb.jpg

Muskyflyguy

Firetiger streamer

post-35105-0-49519700-1457723201_thumb.jpg

add147

the Skunk

post-35105-0-23206700-1457723358_thumb.jpg

Crackleback

T-Bone

post-35105-0-40102600-1457723451_thumb.jpg

WVUontheFly

Delivery Man

post-35105-0-02194500-1457723537_thumb.jpg

FishforLife

prototype

Made it out on the water and had a few flies I had to test of my own first before I tried those from the swam but managed this fish on one of my flies. She was 38" long and quite girthy and was caught on the fly posted

post-54693-0-40689700-1458067749_thumb.png

post-54693-0-37237000-1458067992_thumb.jpg

Very pretty flies everyone. Thank you for posting the pictures, Musky.

Good looking fish, WVU. DO you intentionally hide your face, or was that an accident?

I really enjoyed this swap!!!! There were some awesome flies that were tied in my opinion. Mine could hold a candle to the rest of them I think...I learned a lot by looking at the others!

Everyone had great looking flies. I just need to be able to find some clean water to swim them and see how they act on a float, intermediate, and full sink line. But Mike I bowed my fish since without it, I wouldn't be able to fish for them, #heroshot. It is a pose of respect for the big fish

Finally the flys arrived today!! What an awesome set of fly. Once again, thanks not only to musky fly guy for hosting for for all who participated. This was a wicked swap!!

I was wondering if some of you guys wouldn't mind telling me what you truly think of my flys? You could do this either here or in a PM. Im always trying to improve with fly tying and im sure as with many of you, constructive feedback both negative and positive is the best way for it. Please dont be hesitant to tell me what you truly think of them, i wont be offended. The way i see it, telling me more negatives and what you dont like about them is better than saying they are good. Even if you think there good, what could i do to make them better and so on. I want to improve, and to improve i need to know whats wrong or whats not working so good. So what do you like, not like, think will work well, not work so well, needs improvement, and so on would be awesome. Even if you straight up say i dont like it and wont use it, that fine. I just want to know what i can fix so next time you would use it. So have at it and lay it on me. Thanks

If you would like me or any other swap members to do the same, im sure we would all be more than willing to do the same for each other, just ask. Thanks agin

I have been very slow at work so I have managed to spend quite a bit of time on the rivers here in Ottawa Ontario. The fishing has been great! Anyone else fish this area?

I have spent a good bit of time on the water but fishing has been tough this year. I have been in a rut since that fish I caught in March. Moved some good fish but none were willing to play.