Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9ft 8wt 5pc "Mr Blue"

OH it's a 5pc, didn't know or wasn't "SURE", one of the two!?! Really nice Steve & Mike! Eazy travel rod Mike, 8wt is wind friendly too! Good pick!

Got the rod last night. It's even more gorgeous in person. Looks REALLY good in the sun. I am bidding on the proper size line for it, so I didn't use it yet. I'll post some pictures of it, shining in the sun.

PS ... Got the line for $7.57.

Got the rod last night. It's even more gorgeous in person. Looks REALLY good in the sun. I am bidding on the proper size line for it, so I didn't use it yet. I'll post some pictures of it, shining in the sun.

Wow, that's a great price for a fly line. At the big auction house?

steve

Looks like a ripper bud.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Good for you Mike to treat yourself to a beautiful rod like that!

Somehow I thought you were to cheap to go all out like that! Lol

Good for you Mike to treat yourself to a beautiful rod like that!

Somehow I thought you were to cheap to go all out like that! Lol

Funny.

Considering I got a rod worth about twice what I paid for it, I think I proved my desire to keep my spending low.

It's the second rod I've received from Steve ... The first one is my favorite rod ... and I am sure this will be my second favorite rod.

Both rods were obtained by watching for his sales.

One day ... I'll order a full priced, fully customized rod that won't have any color BUT blue on it. At that time, my "cheap" trait will be tested.

LOL ... Funny, Corney.

I, on the other hand, am cheap. I buy quality when I can. But in a lot of things, like sunglasses, I'll buy cheaply and frequently. I'll still spend less money ... and I don't cry when a pair goes to the bottom of the river.

When you going to post a pic of the first fish next to this rod Mike, leave off the keyboard and get out the outboard.

Piker ... I am just waiting on the fly line to get in. It's been shipped. The day after it gets here ... I'll be fishing with it. Pictures will be posted that night. Probably just before Christmas day.