Fly Tying
JayWirth

Build a Better Mousetrap and the World....

I'm slightly speachless, I think this falls into the 'is there really a need for that' catagory. That being said I do like mechanical things and for that its cool.

Well, I've tried to tie feather legs. It's sometimes a bit difficult with shorter barbs. But, with fibers long enough to wrap around that tool, I would have no problem tying a knot.

If he could reduce the size of that tool to tie a knot in, say, inch long or shorter fibers ... then I might be more interested.

for people who have problems with their fingers like arthritis, trigger finger, missing fingers etc that tool could/would be useful.

if a better mousetrap helps those tyers then so be it

we have tools for everything these days whats one more

for those that dont need tools

Oh ... I like the crotchet needle method. I'll have to try that with the front yard feathers I have.

Thanks.

The best way I have found is to do them on the stem. Use the crochet method (You can do the same with tweezers or a latched hook). The big secret is to fix the feather in something, so that you have both hands free.

Cheers,

C.