Fly Tying
cnc

The tying corner

Very nice. And very clean! You cleaned it up for the photo, right?

What did you use for the table top?

steve

Very nice. And very clean! You cleaned it up for the photo, right?

What did you use for the table top?

steve

Thanks. Actually I didn't, I like to keep it clean.

But with a bulletin board for the materials and an integrated garbage dispenser (sounds much fancier than a hole with a cup in it.) It's actually not that hard.

Just a standard kitchen table top.

Nice area, I've thought of doing a hole in the desk for garbage too would be convenient. I setup a pegboard on the wall behind the desk it holds all my materials just like in a shop. I'd look into it if I were you, you've got a perfect size bare wall there

Nice area, I've thought of doing a hole in the desk for garbage too would be convenient. I setup a pegboard on the wall behind the desk it holds all my materials just like in a shop. I'd look into it if I were you, you've got a perfect size bare wall there

Brilliant idea man 👍👌👊.

Thanks.

I had a friend that had a new house built years ago. His wife talked the contractor into putting a trap door in the middle of the kitchen floor so she could just sweep out the kitchen, raise the trap door and dump it. That was over thirty years ago and the house has changed owners several times since but I often wonder if it has filled yet.

Well, since I've never bothered taking pics of my tying area before this is what it looks like as I'm getting into a run of Hog Snares for a future swap. Left to Right.

DSC01304.JPG DSC01306.JPG DSC01309.JPG

DSC01308.JPG

And why I need to figure out what to with a couple dozen loaded fly boxes. Ones in first pic are being filled. Hog Snares will take a couple of weeks to complete though.

DSC01310.JPG

CNC, very good job of keeping it tidy. Mines much more in the style of Vicriders. A complete heap but I know pretty much where everything is.

I've been toying with the idea of a hole in the desk to simply sweep everything into but I need to be 100% sure before I go losing desk top space.

I have to drill a hole oneday now, seems eazier than the keep clean system i've been using, a plastic freezer bag & some folded pieces of wet hand paper on the table!

Ok guys, so I scored a beautiful roll top desk today to replace my small desk. Its solid Oak and Oak burl with a marble inlay. Its around 70 years old, the kicker? I bought it from a former state congress woman! I didnt know until I got to her house.

desk%202.jpg

desk%201.jpg

VERY nice desk, Joseph. You didn't get that cheap, I'll bet.

You don't need to disclose the price ... I am just thinking out loud.