Fly Tying
Dubs

Articulated Nymph Swap

Flies are in the post! Had a panic cos' the resin stank so much, tried airing them out for two days at work! In that time i tied another set of differen't articulated nymphs! I let the resin nymphs have a swim in a glass of vodka this morning at work, then a glass of water, done the trick i think! Two sets of 12 are on their way! Keep the extras if the swap dosn't fill!

Vodka in the morning with a water chaser at work. Sounds like a cool place to work.

I put mine in the mail yesterday with a little something extra for everybody !!

Steve-stabgnid

To all I have been seeing double since the new year and to say the least it has made tying hard. Doc says it will get better in 4-6 weeks but I want to give a heads up that I may have to drop out. I give it another week and see how I am doing before I make a decision. I really hate to go back on my promise but it may not be doable. Takes me at least 30min to tie just a tail end.

Just keep me posted, I'm sure everyone would understand if you aren't up to it.

Hope you get back to normal soon!

To all I have been seeing double since the new year and to say the least it has made tying hard. Doc says it will get better in 4-6 weeks but I want to give a heads up that I may have to drop out. I give it another week and see how I am doing before I make a decision. I really hate to go back on my promise but it may not be doable. Takes me at least 30min to tie just a tail end.

What the heck, you should be able to tie two at a time. That or twice as fast. I see only one at a time and it still takes me 30 min. to do a tail. Actually no, I didn't time them but I suppose from start of fly to finish and trimming out I do have a good 15 minutes or so. I'm never going to win speed races on the vise but I have the extra time some don't and can take to try to do a good fly for people. Sadly, that doesn't always work as well as I'd like anyway.

Hope your situation straightens out for you. Vision is one of those things sighted like myself take so much for granted but having friends who've lost it or partial loss I know the hell they go through trying to adjust.b

Got yours Steve,

very nice and everyone will surely enjoy the very fishable bonus!

Dubs wanted to let you and all others know I have desired to drop out of this swap. Its just to hard to tie at this time. Never realized how much depth perception is need. Want to thank all to interdusing me to this type fly. Eyes are a little better but I think it won't be until march before I get back to beanch

I understand, thanks for letting us know

wish you a speedy recovery

Thanks, look forward to seeing them!

Snow is manageable. About 2 feet last Sunday/Monday, not much since.. lake effect can do a lot worse... buffalo had that 7ft storm last year. This winters nothing compared to the last. My thermometer was -31°F one morning and so far I ain't seen below 0 this season.

I like the winter here, sunny and 75 don't sound bad some grey days though

Ouch, -31f = -35c, the coldest i've ever seen was almost that -32c! Did have to ride my bike 12 kilometres to work one winter when i didn't have a car in -17f = -27.2c a few times, not fun, don't use your brakes cos' they stay on, frozen cables!