Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Scored some Mustad classic hooks

Sometimes they say be careful what you wish for WELL..... Actually went with the wife to a tag sale and found these!!!
94840's 100 size 12 and 200 size 16, and 100 3906b size 14
100_7192.jpg
and 94840 1000 ea of size 12 and 14
100_7194.jpg
and 3906b 1000 size 12
100_7196.jpg

Best of all - only $15 for all of them!!!!!!! A great late Christmas present.

+1 on Adam's comment. I NEVER find deals like that. I stop at yard sales all the time, and usually the only things available are old Zebcos.

That's fairly incredible... those ones in the clear plastic boxes are actually Eagle Claw model 59 and 57 hooks. In 2009 I bought a huge box of these, other models too and many other sizes. They were in those clear boxes and I sold off almost all of what I had to folks on this forum- at the time I was fairly sure they were Mustads but I found out after the fact they were Eagle Claw fly hooks. The amazing part is the written words "DRY" and "WET" on those labels is absolutely 100% my handwriting! :D

Hope you got them for a good price!

That's fairly incredible... those ones in the clear plastic boxes are actually Eagle Claw model 59 and 57 hooks. In 2009 I bought a huge box of these, other models too and many other sizes. They were in those clear boxes and I sold off almost all of what I had to folks on this forum- at the time I was fairly sure they were Mustads but I found out after the fact they were Eagle Claw fly hooks. The amazing part is the written words "DRY" and "WET" on those labels is absolutely 100% my handwriting! biggrin.png

Hope you got them for a good price!

"It's like deja vu all over again".... YB

That's weird as I gave all the ones I bought from you to my wifes school for their fly tying club. When I saw them at the tag sale I figured hey GREAT price. Nice to know the info on them - but a guy over at Tackle underground is selling off his Dad's jig making business and the bulk box's have a similar style date stampled on them. Did you ever try tying on any of them???

ccs-48371-0-56745000-1447140815.jpg