Fly Tying
Li'lDave

salty skill building no.1 - the clouser minnow

Lil Dave, Im not sure you know who I am. I was known as PortlyJoe, But then my account was hacked so I opened up a new account as PJ2.

I tied the Pink shimp In the crabby swap last year.

Im glad to tie with you again brother.

I'm going to leave this open until the end of the week. Really want those three extra players to round this one out.

Come on salty boys and girls... :P

I put salt on my food ... probably too much. I like salt. I even put table salt on my sea salt.

But I don't throw my flies into it.

I can't believe the salty side of this site hasn't responded with more gusto.

Tell them pink and violet flies are welcome ... that might help.

Hahaha!

Thanks Mike! Nothing like a bit of pink and violet... Have you seen my pink rod?

Don't laugh, Mike. Pink over white works well for weakfish up here. Purple over pink would be a nice tie for the next Casting For Recovery retreat where members of my salt water club act as guides for the participants. No, Li'l Dave I'm not tying a Pink and white one for the swap, but you'll hear mine when they arrive.

Just a reminder that my address is in Australia.

I'll send out my details when you finish your ties....

Two more players please :D

Oops, I missed the Australia location.

Would someone explain how we need to handle the return postage for shipment back to the US? I'm used to just having the post office put stamps on the return envelope when I mail the flies with a value equal the cost to send the flies, but I'm assuming that US postal stamps will not work for the shipment back from Australia???

So, how do we do an international swap from the US?

Cash is ok for when I participate in other swaps with a US host. The equivalent for recent swaps has been about 10USD to get my ties to you guys. BUT, our postage has just gone up... So we will see.

Or. paypal. In that instance I would pay postage and then let you know what it costs. Don't put stamps on the envelope because that will be a waste of your money.