Fly Tying
IgotWood

Streamer Junkies

You're hitting tomorrow for the day (trout). You can only bring 3 streamers with you....What are they? And what colors?

Craft Fur Minnow all white, chartreuse and white clouser minnow, Olive and white wide profile ep baitfish.

1.Olive Woolly Bugger

2.Black Woolly Bugger

3.Olive and Black Woolly Bugger

Some weighted, some not.

Tomorrow?

With the relatively high water we have right now, and a pretty good cold snap going...

Black Woolly Bugger, in a size 8...big enough to be worth moving for, small enough that any trout in the stream can handle it...just as good on a drift as on the strip or swing, and almost as good in clear as murky water.

Chartreuse mink slumpbuster, #6. I tie mine with a silver body and red hackle collar on a 6x long streamer hook.

A foxxee crayfish, #6...either natural brown/orange, or maybe with some pink thrown in.

Royal Coachman Streamer with either calftail or bucktail wing.

Mickey Finn

Baby Rainbow Trout

Tomorrow, if we still have have open water you mean ? And only three streamers ? Brown and black woolly bugger, all black woolly bugger. And peacock and grizzly woolly bugger. And full sink line. But you're nuts if you think I'm going out fishing in this at 65 yo, I'll be inside maybe tying flies. The temp just rose up to 18 deg f.

Tomorrow, if we still have have open water you mean ? And only three streamers ? Brown and black woolly bugger, all black woolly bugger. And peacock and grizzly woolly bugger. And full sink line. But you're nuts if you think I'm going out fishing in this at 65 yo, I'll be inside maybe tying flies. The temp just rose up to 18 deg f.

That's not age-regulated!

My car's thermometer said 7 this morning on the way to work. If I didn't have to work, I'd have never even known that, let alone been wanting to get into waders.

Ice is god's way of telling you to stay home and tie.

That's not age-regulated!

My car's thermometer said 7 this morning on the way to work. If I didn't have to work, I'd have never even known that, let alone been wanting to get into waders.

Ice is god's way of telling you to stay home and tie.

Yeah of course, I was being facetious Cold..

I...was agreeing with you.

I do have to admit that when I was younger I had been known to fish till the guides iced up on my rod ! One year my spool froze to the spindle. I coiled the line all up and went to the car to thaw it out. That's about when I started to rethink my winter fishing plan LOL

Yep, I've had that happen too.

Pretty much any more, if I have an outing and my guides start freezing up, I'm done trying to fish until warmer weather.

I fish to relax and enjoy being out. Fighting with ice isn't my idea of a good time. I might go out with a shotgun or a camera, but the rods and reels stay at home until March.

Yep, I've had that happen too.

Pretty much any more, if I have an outing and my guides start freezing up, I'm done trying to fish until warmer weather.

I fish to relax and enjoy being out. Fighting with ice isn't my idea of a good time. I might go out with a shotgun or a camera, but the rods and reels stay at home until March.

I knock off the fishing around Thanksgiving. This year was sooner because of knee surgery. Had to be but what a year to miss, weather was mostly great and the baby herring kept the fish near shore for weeks beyond expected. But it wasn't meant to be is all.

I used to bird hunt .I quit bird hunting when it got to be mostly put and take and people started jogging in the fields and trails ( they want to get back into nature too). Anyway truth be known I love a rifle and red dot scope better than a shotgun. About all we are allowed to hunt that way is coyote.

If I am shivering, it's time to go indoors. I'll fish with a sweatshirt on ... but I won't go if I need a "coat".

I moved to Florida so a sweatshirt is all I need in the Winter.