Fly Tying
vicrider

Febuary Monthly beadhead swap - Need Swapper

Fishin' Bob's flies flew in today and he did one of my favorites. Red Assed soft hackle. Bob, your swap is very similar to what I turned in for skill swap. I did red silk with a white wire wrap and a swirl of herl instead of a bead. I love soft hackles since they flat out catch fish. Anything from emergers to nymphs depending on how you weight them. I used to drift them along the edge of undercuts up in northern WI and watch fish shoot out and grab them. Great pattern you have. In case no one gets one like yours back in the mail it might be because I lost them in the house somewhere.biggrin.png huh.png

Two nice sets of flies came in the mail today. One clear from Australia showing us Li'l Dave can tie a smaller flies once in awhile. The other some great nymphs from Sammothner. Soon as the rest of them show up I'll get heading back to ya.

Flies in the mail; they will arrive at your box Tues latest.

Giant stonefly nymphs; season for them is coming up, they are good for river trout, but smallmouths as well.

My February flies are a bit late they will be heading your way Monday sorry for the delay. HSS Hun soft hackle streamers in #14

I suppose I should open a March thread but this is why it gets kind of aggravating when I still have a bunch from Feb I'm waiting on. Steve, if you want to save postage you can send both now but you'd have to wait for March flies to come in in April or May to get them all back.

I am in kind of a bad mood at moment since I just got down taking 19 pictures for another swap. Thing is a lot of guys on that swap were great tiers but hadn't swapped before so half hand no toe tags and a few others had the tags but not hooked up. I'm not going to put toe tags on but I took the pics and carefully wrote down the order I took them and what they were.

Then I unloaded them to my pictures, transferred them to Photobucket, who promptly took them from the order I had them in and mixed them all up. I give up. I'm just going to post them all and let those I'm not sure of identify themselves. That will be the next project I go to work on is a camera and lens for taking good macro shots of flies and cabinet to take them in. I spent two hours messing with different junk to just get that run of pics I did tonight and that's ridiculous.

Id also be frustrated if I were You. However, It's just temporary, keep the faith.

At least, Vic, it didn't go "blue screen" and LOOSE all your hard work.

There's always a brighter side.

I think it is great that you take photos of the flies, but remember that is not a requirement. I say if no toe tag; no photo!

I quit this monthly swap once before because the flies were not being sent in on time. I know it is not earth shattering, but people knew what they were signing up for in the beginning. If you can't tie 12 flies in a month, well...........

Thanks Nick for all your hard work trying to keep this thing straight. I'll hold off sending my March flies until you post that you are ready.

I think it is time for you to go fishing!