Fly Tying
vicrider

Febuary Monthly beadhead swap - Need Swapper

Mine went out . I apologize to all the group i got very confused as to what swap was getting what flies.

I gotem tied and gone, wasnt a matter of tying was a matter of keeping track they are overnighted should be there monday.

Vic , I will also wait till you post about March flys !!

Steve-stabgnid

May I suggest we should get differant host for each month cause I can see how this can get to be overwhelming for one person ..I would do some months along as there not back to back ...

Steve-stabgnid

Hey Vic , fyi I also included the March fly in my shipment. Just send it back with Febs and Mar at the end of March.

Hey gang, I think I missed something; several of you have already sent in March flies, but i don't think I know what we're doing for March? Could someone post or pm and let me know? (yeah, I'm sure I missed something...)

Hey gang, I think I missed something; several of you have already sent in March flies, but i don't think I know what we're doing for March? Could someone post or pm and let me know? (yeah, I'm sure I missed something...)

Thats because for some reason there are two posts going for this swap,

January........Tie your favorite fly for your favorite fish

February......Tie a bead head nymph, your creation or a classic

March...........A dry fly...anything from Catskill to Western Stone...No hooks smaller than a #16 on this one

April...........,..A wet fly...anything from a Bergman to a soft hackle, just designed for intermediate depths

May..............A terrestrial...from foam hoppers to ants, locust, bees, beetles, or think out of the box.

June.............A FISHABLE design incorporating the Red/White/and Blue

July...............An emerger fly...the type for fishing in the subsurface film

August..........Biggest fly of the year...something for bass or big browns, streamers, deer hair or on top

September....Any fly incorporating some Orange in the design

October.........Your choice of fly type, dry, wet, nymph, but no hooks BIGGER than an 18

November......Your design using some natural fur in the fly. Roadkill is acceptable if washed and boraxed properly

December..........Get ready for a great Christmas swap again

Thank you good sir; thought I crossed over into a parallel universe ... I'm back

Thank you good sir; thought I crossed over into a parallel universe ... I'm back

Oh its been a confusing time of the year.... My brain was almost ready to implode...

I might just send these a couple of tiers light. They will get caught up in the March beadhead swap.

Okay, all flies are in. I sent out most of them a couple days ago a fly light but everyone should get all caught up this month's swap. Even if some traveled almost as slow as some scuds the bunch that went are outstanding, as most in this swap are. More small stuff than I expected but the trout guys, especially those in the west, will appreciate that. Mine is geared more toward this springs crappie and white bass runs called the Cypert minnow, a Texas must have.

Hey vic. Got my bead heads yesterday. Thank you for letting me participate once. Was glad to help out.