Fly Tying
m_grieb

Trout Creations

Got my flies. Thanks for for hosting Matt. It's really interesting seeing the variety. I liked everyone's flies. Btw, netabrookie the biggest brook trout I ever caught was on the fly I sent. It was 18" (I've only caught 15 or 20 them ever with that one being the biggest.)

My set of flies also arrived today. Nice looking and wide variety. Thanks for hosting Matt and thanks netabrookie for the fibers.

yes, thank you on both parts. I'm doing flies for the Light Cahill swap and those fibers should be just right. I don't know if I have enough micro fibbets to finish them, especially when I keep rejecting ones I don't like. Funny thing is, I had forgotten I had even done this swap. Maybe it was one of those I through some flies at to fill a last minute void but kind of cool to get them and not even know they're coming.

Nice set of bugs arrived last night along with some interesting fibers. Thank you Matt and Netbrookie.

Got my flies today, thanx Matt & everyone that played! Also thanx Netabrookie for the very interesting looking seatbelt fibres! And thanx DavidHE for the only other barbless hook!:-)

Adam, unless it's specified barbless is luck of the draw from me. I grab batches of hooks whenever I see them for sale cheap and when I do order hooks they're always barbless unless style is not available. For me, I'll crush the barbs on my own flies but if the flies for the swap don't specify I don't bother unless the hook is for Mike Chell. Then I'll get a grinder and grind a concave slot where the barb was.

I hoped you all would give the seatbelt fibers a try. I think that I read about them in a Fishy Fullum book so I can't take no credit except for sharing an idea. This was a good swap. Thanks again everyone.