Fly Tying
Li'lDave

saltwater skill building no 2 - deceivers

Update. All flies accounted for. Thank you all and sundry :)

They arrived late friday and we had a long weekend, so I'll sort them and get them back out as soon as i can...

they say any time 'on' the water is a good time.... not sure this counts from Saturdaypost-22241-0-67147800-1462176829_thumb.jpg

Good evening Li'l

Just wanted to send a thank you for allowing me to back out of the swap. I had taken on a bit too much. The big one, I was asked to make a couple of travel mugs for a fundraiser at my Daughters school. This is how they came out.

Keep me in mind for the next swap.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Earle

post-46603-0-64953100-1462582751_thumb.png

Those look really nice, Mike. I am in the process of setting up to do wood stabilizations. Don't worry, I won't be after your market. Making knife handles is where I am starting.

Any time mate.

just an update.

i have been flatout but i have all of the flies and they are sorted. Will do my hest to get them out asap.

thank you for your patience.

On their way mate. I have been flatout and struggled to get to a PO until this morning....

Fyi. We have juat had some significant changes to our postal system as well. If people can send their flies to me in envelopes less than 20mm thick i can send them as letters for $2.75 australian. Or the larger boxes like have been sent this time have cost me $15.85 australian to return.

Sorry for making you wait, and thank you for your patience.

Have been told 6 days for them to get to the states.

Good info on the postage thing. I sent mine in a padded envelope I think and it cost a couple bucks more than I thought it would. Like $12.75 or so.

But that's great if you could mine back for 2.75, then the extra I put in will help towards the others.

Looking forward to seeing the collection.

Boy, I got this package this morning along with two other sets arriving and was like Christmas in the fly shop. With all the pretty streamers in this deceiver set it was very Christmasy. They look good and know some of them are destined for a largemouth on the ponds but would sure like a chance to throw a few of those at stripers in the nearby reservoir if I get my bigger boat fixed up. There are lots of hybrids stocked in there regularly but some true stripers roam the lake and cause a lot of excitement when hooked.

Got Mine as well . what a great set of flies. I will send extra loot for the next one. I thought i sent enough, based upon what it cost me. Now i know what to send. BTW Lil Dave... did i send you a squid?

BTW Vic the fly i sent is the same size i use for the stripers in the area by me. . my season is on and they have been mauling decievers good luck tight lines.