Fly Tying

You posted a YouTube link here that i watched and commented on but you deleted it, so I commented back here. No one is following you.

All I said is your veverka mantis shrimp will not ride hpu with bead chain and you said I was wrong, so I asked you to demonstrate it under water, because even the creator of this fly acknowledged the need for lead to consistently turn it over.

It will take 5 minutes to record a video with this fly in a Tupperware container connected to a line. If you do this, I will sub your page, share it and purchase some of your shrimp.

IMO, testing your flies under water is an essential part of tying. You learn a lot about your flies by testing them. I don't think this request is unreasonable.

You posted a YouTube link here that i watched and commented on but you deleted it, so I commented back here. No one is following you.

All I said is your veverka mantis shrimp will not ride hpu with bead chain and you said I was wrong, so I asked you to demonstrate it under water, because even the creator of this fly acknowledged the need for lead to consistently turn it over.

It will take 5 minutes to record a video with this fly in a Tupperware container connected to a line. If you do this, I will sub your page, share it and purchase some of your shrimp.

IMO, testing your flies under water is an essential part of tying. You learn a lot about your flies by testing them. I don't think this request is unreasonable.

And I told you that I do test my flies. And that it does ride correct. If you don't believe me no worries. I just don't feel like spending the time "proving myself" to you. That's all. It should be left at that. That's all, end of sentence. Not start Into telling me my lack of experience or skill. I didn't tell you that you were wrong, I just was saying that I did test it, and I test all my flies, and they ride correct, you were the one calling me a liar. Yes early on I had a few sit incorrectly. There are ways to make it sit correctly with beadchain. First is I get copper chain with nickle plating. It's a bit heavier than the normal stainless steel. I also use a light hook. Also it's how you tie in the materials. A crazy Charlie sits good with beadchain, with very small beadchain. All because the materials help float it upside down as well.

I'm not mad with you asking me to demonstrate it. I was a little bothered that when I said no, you attacked me and my skill. That's all man. You don't know me, or what I know.

Btw, it's water under the bridge. I'm not mad about it, or mad at you. I hope you have a good day. Sorry we let it get to where it went. I wish you the best of luck.

Crazy it took 3 days for you to admit you couldn't get it to ride hpu with standard bead chain and standard hook.

Why not mention that in your video? That would separate you from the rest - you found issues with a popular pattern and discovered a solution.

Crazy it took 3 days for you to admit you couldn't get it to ride hpu with standard bead chain and standard hook.

Why not mention that in your video? That would separate you from the rest - you found issues with a popular pattern and discovered a solution.

I wasn't not "admitting"... I was answering you... I was saying it rode correctly. I just wasn't explaining why Lol. This was an early video that I didn't do voice overs... I don't say everything because I forgot things while tying, voice overs allow me to tie... Then think about the best way to explain. Also keeps videos short. That's the number one thing people requested or complained about was length of video. I tried to rush before the voice over. Now I can just edit the video properly. But still can't explain every detail because people don't want that for some reason. They want 4 minute videos, not 10 minutes. I'm limited in explaining things like beadchain metal composition or selecting proper bucktail when keeping videos short. I've decided to start simple quick 1 minute explanation videos that I can link from my tying videos. It will allow for 4 minute videos, but give the option of watching a few 1 minute clips to explain in further detail. This way if someone already knows how to select correct hackle, they can just keep watching the tying steps in a simple 4 minute vid, but if they want to know more about hackle, they can click the hackle selection video and now watch a total of 5 minutes... I didn't do this for the earlier vids, and really just started that system. Make sense now?

I don't feel like making under water vids for now because it's added time on vids that most people I feel really don't care about seeing my fly in a Tupperware container. I want to do it right, and get a good go pro and do under water filming. Then people would be interested. I want to start with a new type of filming correctly, so I don't loose subscribers. Make sense? I think I said "I would love to do underwater filming but it's not practical for me just yet" in one of the first comments to you... I also don't really have the time (didn't have the time) to make a vid about it swimming upside down just to prove your challenge. I was trying to explain that, but am not always the best with words. Especially when I'm in a hurry. I'm sorry if it came across defensive at first, but I was getting kinda frustrated that you weren't believing me that my fly was turning over and riding hook point up. I guess I took it the wrong way? Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly in that it swam right, and I test them. I just felt you were calling me a liar, and I should have taken the time to explain myself more, but I was rushing these comments back to you. Then apparently it got escalated, and I apologize for my part in that. I'm dealing with 3 different things right now. This channel is just one thing for me. I'm burning the candle at both ends so to speak. 2 jobs, I'm full time watching my 2 year old, and trying to build this channel. Slammed and busy me, doesn't make for a very articulate me. Especially when I'm passing a kidney stone, which I have been for 3 weeks. Just passed it yesterday though... Anyway. I hope I slowed down enough to explain everything now? Can we call it a truce?

I thought you did a pretty good job on the fly and it was a great video. I would only suggest maybe a shorter collar but that is just my preference. One thing about the Borski slider is that, like a lot of really effective shrimp patterns, it isn't very pretty in the vice. Lefty Kreh's Y2K shrimp looks like a shih tzu that has been towel dried, but it sure catches fish.

You are not kidding on Lefty's Y2K. Hard to keep fish off that thing when I visit my MIL in St. Pete Beach Fl :)

OP, I like the Borski Slider you tied. The thing with tying, is that the eye of the beholder really plays a role in how we all like a fly. While I may like a little fuzz, another may not, I may like a really sparse tie, and another may like a really thick tie etc. Anytime you ask for feedback, there will be lots because we all have different tastes. That said, I really like the look of your fly and your video!