Fly Tying
vicrider

March monthly swap

Sure did BB. I think I tagged received on page 1 a couple of days ago. I believe you should be getting a double shot this time and and everyone will get two great ties from your vice....er.....vise.

I'm going to go ahead and package what I have tomorrow and get these out for those who have their LAST MONTHS flies in and be done with this. I sincerely hope PJ2 can have the patience to keep this going but if not it's been a good run. I believe BreamBuster started it and kept it for several years and then I stepped in last year but doing scattered swaps as time allows seems to be the way to go now.

Actually, Vicrider, I began the Bluegill Swap Club and Riff started the Monthly Swap Club. When Riff had to step down as Swapmeister, the Bluegill Swap Club had already ended and so I stepped in and kept the Monthly Swap Club going until the end of the year, and that's when you picked it up. Just wanted to clarify all the history.

Take care

BB

I sure hope it continues as well. I hate seeing a great swap crash. And Vic did a great job. no doubt about it.

Okay, no more waiting on mail. Nothing arrived in last week so I sorted what we had last night and will get them out today. If anything else shows up I'll donate them to a couple of organizations I'm putting together flies for. With only 9 envelopes in here's what we ended up with for the last swap. I believe I caught up with the people I'd been hold flies for and yes, a couple of you had two months worth of flies in there. I took my share of the flies, plus the extras marked for me. Then with only 9 tiers in the mix I had a bunch of extras that I'm not holding for late shows. I put all those into a plastic tub and shook them up good. Then I went through the tins and added flies until I ran out. I think it came out with 4 extra per person and if you happen to get any (or all) of yours back it was just random luck.

You should have no complaint though since it is a nice mixture of flies in there, with special mention to how well all the caddis came out. The little peacock green Crackleback in there is mine and I believe also had some nice griffith gnats. A great bunch to finish on and for all the swappers last year and this year, thanks for your efforts and if the swap is kept alive anyone joining will be very happy with the results of other's efforts to add to their box.

Thanks Vic. you're the best. btw. How did you like my flies? Any suggestions on my flies?

THANK YOU vicrider and BB for all of your effort and time that you gave toward the Monthly Swaps. It is greatly appreciated by everyone!!!

Nice box of flies in the mail today, just in time for next Saturday's opener. Thanks Nick for giving this a run, sorry it didn't work out. Hope you host a regular swap soon, I'm when you do.

Mine arrived yesterday, thank you all for some fine dry flies! Vic thank you very much for taking over this monthly swap and giving it a shot, Best of luck to you and good luck tying those battery powered caddis patterns I'm eagerly awaiting..