Fly Tying

The cone head marabou deceiver is a lot like my other video on the square tail marabou deceiver, however this has a weighted cone head to make it sink and have a jigging action. The marabou makes it have lots of great action, and the buck tail protects the softer marabou from getting ripped apart.

Hook: Gamakatsu SS15 size 2
Weight: 5/32" cone head
Thread: Danville 210 waxed
Tail: Marabou and krystal flash
Wings: Bucktail
Flash: Flashabou
Eyes: 3D eyes size 5/32"
Epoxy: Solarez "thin hard" and "bone dry" formula
Music: Sunny, funnysong, happiness - Bensound.com
Preparing Bucktail: https://youtu.be/glU67iVvkc0

I tied a little (b175 #10) trout version of your previous fly. I'll have a go with some cone versions too. Looks like a good pattern for fry feeding trout.

I tied a little (b175 #10) trout version of your previous fly. I'll have a go with some cone versions too. Looks like a good pattern for fry feeding trout.

Yep, it will do nicely for trout. It's pretty versatile. Tied real small like you did for trout, or large for saltwater applications. These two I tied were for a client that was gonna go flounder fishing on the east coast somewhere. He said he wanted a squared off tail, with some marabou, and wanted it pink, and 2-3" long. So these came about from that.