Fly Tying

Monomaster here, works great, wouldn't be without it.

A lot of the old used mono that gets "stuffed" somewhere ends up on the ground or in the water, just in a different location than where it was stuffed.

Broke open the piggybank & bought a MonoMaster.

Tried it out a few days ago on the stream and I was very pleased with how well it took up the short fiddly bits of tippet.

Once they're in, they stay put.

One concern I had was cleaning the tool out once it became full - no problem, one just scissors out the strands

from the takeup spool & Bob's your uncle.

Thanks for the great recommendation on this little gem, it's worth it.

I don't feel that im terribly cheap. A little cheap, sure. I can't see paying $15 for that mono master. Looks easy enough to make though. What's inside the tube? I presently keep tag ends in a pocket. And is true, the do sometimes fall out, especially if there's something else in the pocket that you need to get out.

Looks easy enough to make though. What's inside the tube?

LOL! Yes I thought of doing that myself, then I thought I'd spend more designing and building one as dictated by Click & Clack: " 'Tis the stingy man that spends the most."

The gathering spool inside is covered with their version of Velcro - the pokey half, like one would use when making a dubbing brush.

Hell, now that I think about it, an old plastic film canister, some wooden dowel, an empty thread spool, some Velcro......that will be $14.95 to you, fishinguy ☻

Ya' know, we're in a disposable society anyway. Maybe we need to develop mono and other lines that disintergrate after a certain period in the water. I know, I know, those who fish hard and often would have to check and replace line a lot more often and those who use the mono to cast out lines and let them sit either on bottom or under bobber (indicator to some of you) would run into extra costs but don't pictures like the one here and in the "lots of lead" post tell us we're bringing it on ourselves? Some years back someone broke off line in a good pool on the Baptism that was a steelhead magnet and for some time you'd get the feel of weight and set the hook into the damn line. Finally someone got hold of it and snapped it off down at the hook.

Pocket. I throw it away in the first Sheetz or gas station trash can I come across.

Ya' know, we're in a disposable society anyway. Maybe we need to develop mono and other lines that disintergrate after a certain period in the water. I know, I know, those who fish hard and often would have to check and replace line a lot more often and those who use the mono to cast out lines and let them sit either on bottom or under bobber (indicator to some of you) would run into extra costs but don't pictures like the one here and in the "lots of lead" post tell us we're bringing it on ourselves? Some years back someone broke off line in a good pool on the Baptism that was a steelhead magnet and for some time you'd get the feel of weight and set the hook into the damn line. Finally someone got hold of it and snapped it off down at the hook.

its been done by a few companies in the past few years. I don't think it sells well. Not sure the reason though. http://www.gofastandlight.com/mobile/Bioline-BioDegradeable-Fishing-Line-by-Eagle-Claw-10LB/productinfo/FI-B-BIOX/

Guiding a good bit I usually find mysel dropping tag ends into my waders, it my lazy way of saving a bit of time when re rigging clients rods. Clip the tag and let it fall right into the top of the waders. Eventually I remove them to a proper place. Which seeks to more often then not be my gear bag until the end of season clean and organize Long pieces and junk leaders either end up in the mono master or in my shoulder bag