Fly Tying
Idaho RC

Hello from Southern Idaho

I have lived in Southern Idaho all my life. I have always enjoyed the outdoors camping this area has to offer.

I learned to fly fish for trout primarily with a float tube in reservoirs and small lakes. After many years away from fishing I started back fly fishing and camping about a 15 or so years ago. Now I primarily fish our rivers in the area for trout.

I learned to tie flies and did so for several or more years. I returned to tying this November after being away from it for a number years. Although I know how to tie the flies I like to use for my fishing I am still learning a lot and really enjoying it. I am more of a lurker than a poster and I really enjoying checking out the flies posted here and learning more about the hobby.

Idaho thats quite a resume, I honored welcome.

I know I can really ramble on. What is really funny is what I posed is about a quarter of what I originally wrote. You read the condensed version.

Thank you for the welcome.

Short attention span ... the bane of today's people. I must admit, I am sometimes prone to it, too.

I'd rather read several short posts than one long one.

Many times, some of the posts will be several PARAGRAPHS long ... I get through the first one, then move on. I am possibly missing something important ... but probably just missing more ramblings.

I visit Idaho as often as I can. Great fishing all over the state. Down south (Utah,) too many people thing the only reason to go to Idaho is when the Powerball gets over a few million. I have been fishing Idaho since the 1970s, and hope to make many more trips.

That's awesome! There are a lot of places to fish all over the state. I am from here but I have traveled quite a bit. I really enjoy all of the outdoor opportunities we have here.

Welcome. Thanks for joining the swap.

I went to Idaho once. We basically did a u turn into the state headed from Missuola, MT to Wisdom, MT.

From what I have heard you have great opportunities to fish.

Thank you!I

I am in the South West Idaho. High mountain desert. Just minutes away from the mountains. It is beautiful country up there and in Montana.