Fly Tying
Tooldummy

Hello From Illinois!

Hello everyone from the rainy state of Illinois!

I started tying flies about fifteen years ago. I gave them to a few friends, they caught a few fish, and I moved on to something else. I became disabled and had to leave my job and retire about five years ago. Since retiring I have again took up the fly tying hobby. Although I can't walk more than a few steps and most likely won't fly fish again, I want to tie flys for some friends. I have been collecting materials, made a few tools, and been loitering around this site and watching a ton of YouTube videos. It is apparent I am in way over my head! LOL.

Anyway, I am sure I will learn a lot here and have a lot of questions as I go along.

Welcome to the site. If you're near the (West of) Chicago area, there's a few organizations you might be interested in. Lots of great guys out that way.

Welcome to the forum! Please ask questions and you will learn so much, I am only 14 and have already learned so much, just look at my Rate my Clouser to Rate my Clouser 3.0

Thank you all.

I am from South Central Illinois, about 300 mile South of Chicago. Interstates 57 and 70 cross about 20 miles North of me.

I will give your fly a look FlatsRoamer. Thanks!