Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hazathor

been prowling the boards for a while...

Hi all,

I hail from the great state of Iowa targeting mostly warm water species, but a fair amount of trout too. Long time fisherman, but still fairly new to fly fishing and tying. I've been prowling the forum for a good while now. The forum has been a great place to gather info and points of view (lots and lots of points of view). I've found inspiration from watching the monthly flies from the bench posts and you all have been a great influence on my tying. Looking to get a bit more involved.

Cheers,

Nick

Prowl no more. Welcome aboard.

What part of Iowa? I lived for a year in Burlington. Longest coldest winter of my life!

Welcome. I live in SE TN and would move to a colder climate due to asthma and allergies.

Welcome Nick. Is there any water in Iowa? When I was there I didn't see any :-)

Let's see some pix of your fish and your flies.

Welcome to the active side of the site, Hazathor. I driven (car) and ridden (motorcycle) through Iowa. Never had the chance to fish there.

Bimini ... "Longest coldest winter of my life!"

Originally from Indiana so I understand cold weather ... AND I hate it.

Live in Florida, now. And now my company sees fit to send me to Chicago in the Winter. mad.gif

I live in the eastern part of the state where there is definitely water to be had. Great small stream fishing for smallmouth, plenty of ponds and lakes for bluegills and largemouth, and a treasure trove of trout streams as you get into the Driftless region.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

-Nick

My folk group performed once out in Avoca, in August. That was just about the hottest place I recall ever being (and I grew up in Texas and live in Florida). I did like Council Bluffs though.