Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Eighth Annual Casting for Recovery Project

Djtrout, your great looking flies arrived this morning. Thanks so much for being a part of this project.

Last set is in the mail so everyone's should be here by the due date. Thank you all.

Carpflyguy's good looking box of flies arrived this morning. All sets are here. I will photograph the boxes and get the package in the mail by Friday. For those of you who want a tax deduction you can deduct what the retail price of the flies would be plus the postage. I will post the letter of receipt from CfR as always. These fly boxes are going to the Oregon South retreat next month, they have a Facebook page if you are interested.

Once again I want to thank all of you for your generous contributions. I hope many of you will be onboard next year for number nine. If some of you have a local CfR chapter that hosts a retreat, and they haven't got flies from us before, please contact me and I will see if next years project can be for them. (no guarantees)

Tight Lines to one and all,

Bob

Bob, thanks a lot for organizing this. It's great to see Stuff like this happening because of people like you.

A note to those of you who sent extras. I do not keep any extras from this project, I put together an extra fly box that the chapter can use as a prize or auction item.

Awesome job, my friend! The boxes, the flies, everything about it is perfect. Thanks for hosting!

Here is the letter from Casting for Recovery for 2016. The tax form is available from me via PM, but since it lists your name as well as your user name I did not want to publish it in a public forum. If you need a copy for tax purposed please let me know. Also if you have a problem with others knowing your name let me know and I will delete it from the form. Once again I thank each of your for your continued support on this project. When I get pictures from Oregon I will post them here.

post-20459-0-09769600-1474303416_thumb.jpg

I am sad to report that Carol LaBranche, the chair of Casting for Recovery - Oregon South has passed away. She was so grateful for all of your contributions to their retreat last month. I had met Carol at the Pacific Northwest Fly Tyers Expo last year. That is what lead me to ask if this years flies could go to their retreat. Their Facebook page has more information: https://www.facebook.com/CastingForRecoveryOregon/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE