Fly Tying
Saltybum

FlyFishing in Salt Waters Magazine

If anyone out there has any older issues just laying around I would like to take them off your hands.

I have issues from 2010 till they abruptly discontinued them w/o warning right after I renewed my subscription. Dogs.

I don't buy any Bonier publications anymore for that reason. They also burned most of their advertisers too, also without warning.

Sad because it was not only a decent mag. but the only one dedicated to the salt.

I'm willing to pay shipping and any other cost agreed upon per issue or whatever.

Bob email [email protected]

Thanks

I used to write articles for them... Like most fly fishing magazines they should have been on the endangered specie list... If you still have a magazine you like... enjoy - but it will be gone too, in the not too distant future.

Does not exist. Which is why I hoping to find some older ones.

As Capt Bob said most stuff printed on paper is shrinking away and ultimately disappearing in this electronic media age.

FlyLife is a salt & freshwater fly fishing magazine from Australia, they ship worldwide & have electronic version! www.flylife.com.au

I'm still comped in on Rod & Reel, a fly magazine that has both (but very, very rarely much of interest for me about the salt side of things...).

Good luck on finding a magazine with good saltwater fly content. To give you a look at how things are going, I know Mike Connor -a great angler and guide who was the fly fishing editor for Florida Sportsman.... They let him go a few years back and they've done without a "fly editor" since then... I kept a year 'round ad in that magazine for nearly 20 years - but dropped it a few years ago since it was no longer generating any phone calls... That should tell you why I said that magazines in general are dying off....

Capt. Lemay,

Have you guys seen the free online mag, soon to be print and fee based, called Tail?

I'm not sure how I came across it but its free online and the content and pictures are amazing.

The current issue has two of my favorite locations featured, south Andros and Turneffe, I bet they would love to get your help with content.

ww​w.tailflyfishing.com

I still hope to get down to visit my brother and chase fish with you someday Capt,

Take care and be safe,

Actually, ironically, I just downloaded that app last week! I have yet to download any "magazines" but I want to soon

Saltybum,

Over the next couple weeks I will check for you. I do have issues of saltwater fly fishing but I don't know if they are pre - 2010. If I can find them they are yours. I know I have a good collection of Fly Tyer Mag, and Rod Builder Mag that I hope to find in the process.

Doug

Thanks Meeska

Flats, what Capt Bob is talking about is not free reading.

He's saying they don't want to pay contributors for the articles they write and the photos they submit.

Yeah, i second that. They'll approach you and expect top quality work just because you want to share.

i second adam's comment about flylife magazine. It is australian based and traditionally focused on trout, but in the last 12 to 18 months has really started to increase the salt content. I might be biased because i know a number of regular contributors, but the reading is typically very easy. Saltwater fly fishers are a small part of of small commujity here, but interest is growing all the time. Especially in fish such as permit, bonefish, tarpon etc.