Fly Tying
deerhairdan

August Flies From the Vise

Mike, I gotta say, that deer hair headed fly in a natural color has been slaying the fish. I want to tie some more, just havent had the time so i am stuck using the one you tied for me for the swap!:D

Mike, I gotta say, that deer hair headed fly in a natural color has been slaying the fish. I want to tie some more, just havent had the time so i am stuck using the one you tied for me for the swap!biggrin.png

Glad it's working for you. It's my favorite warm water / salt water fly.

Catches everything that swims.

It's just about color and size for where you are fishing at....I tie them from 1"-8" all kinds of colors...I must have two boxes full of them.

The one you have has a little lead under the deer hair to help it get a couple inches under the surface with a floating line.

I also tie it with some foam wrapped under the head and fish it on a sink tip over the weed beds....the sink tip sinks and lays on the weeds(6'+ leader) fly still floats as long as you have the leader right for the depth of the weeds...strip it and it dives to follow the fly line...stop and it floats back up to the surface......Killer over submerged weed beds for bass.

UV2%20GULP%20BEETLE%20-2_zps0x8r5dlx.jpg

UV2 GULP BEETLE (Purple) – Shutz/Variant – TMC 101, #18, TMC 100BL #12-#16…

UV2%20GULP%20BEETLE%20-3_zpsm56ufhd1.jpg

Top View UV2 GULP BEETLE (Purple)…

UV2%20FLYING%20CARPENTER%20ANTS%20GRP_zp

UV2 FLYING CARPENTER ANTs …#14’s…

PT/TB

Mike, I gotta say, that deer hair headed fly in a natural color has been slaying the fish. I want to tie some more, just havent had the time so i am stuck using the one you tied for me for the swap!biggrin.png

Glad it's working for you. It's my favorite warm water / salt water fly.

Catches everything that swims.

It's just about color and size for where you are fishing at....I tie them from 1"-8" all kinds of colors...I must have two boxes full of them.

The one you have has a little lead under the deer hair to help it get a couple inches under the surface with a floating line.

I also tie it with some foam wrapped under the head and fish it on a sink tip over the weed beds....the sink tip sinks and lays on the weeds(6'+ leader) fly still floats as long as you have the leader right for the depth of the weeds...strip it and it dives to follow the fly line...stop and it floats back up to the surface......Killer over submerged weed beds for bass.

Not to mention the killer walk the dog motion it has underwater. I might tie it in trout colors to use it on the river... Ideas, ideas...

Golden%20Eyed%20Bugger_zpsr8fwxaan.jpg

i still had the materials out from the bakers hole one so what the hell i tied this one