Fly Tying
pica

PULL THE RIP CORD, its a parachute swap!

Well the Hoot Owl rules are back in MT and so is my tying time.

Here is the deal; the fly must be a parachute design based on a fly of your choice, ie it must have a wing post and "hackle" tied parachute style. The fly can be a pattern already tied in para style, an adaptation of an existing pattern, or even a whole new idea. The only caveat...it must be a viable trout fly.

All normal rules apply! NOTE: if you want to participate in this swap the flies must be shipped in a crush proof container (small tin or hard plastic box) and you must include a self addressed STAMPED envelope! Please do not throw money in the envelope and expect me to sort out the postage! Participants from out of the US just pm me and we can arrange shipping. Flies will be sent out when all flies have arrived or a maximum of 7 days after the due date so plan ahead and get em in on time.

1) Snorider sparkle para trico #24

2)Vicrider, triple parachute hog snare

3)Idaho RC

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

We will start with 10 people so tie up 10 flies. Due date Sept 1. Don't Bail out on this one.

Cheers.

I'd jump on this BUT.

My new #14 hackle hasn't arrived yet, and

Australian Stamps are no good on US envelopes.

Seriously. Have fun with this, it looks like an awesome swap.

Parachutes are a bug bear of mine that I have recently tried to sort.

Okay I'm in. I've been thinking serious about a triple articulated Hog Snare with a parachute on each section. Might give that a try.

Actually, I know it's cheating but I already have a bunch of #24 parachute Adams tied for the BB skill builder but I could ship them here. What worries me right now is I called for a swap and was rewarded with 3 new ones but don't know if we have enough active tiers right now to fill the slots. I hope so but there's been a lot of missing faces in last year and not enough exuberant guys like Flats Roamer to make up for them. Like most things this is probably cyclical but hope we get the slots filled.

oh man... I would love to get in on this one, but I wont be able to make the due date.... Maybe next time.

OK I'm bailing on this swap. Just not much going on here right now, I'll try this swap again later this fall. All the best and I will pm the folks who had interest. 2 people in over a week will not cut the muster for a swap.

Best Regards,

No worries mate.

Sorry it couldn't pick up. I don't have much call for this style of hackle, so I should still have plenty when you call for players next time (once I get it in my hot little hands).

Sure PJ what the heck I'm almost done with a dozen as it is....I'll drop over and post.

Hey pica, since this swap is fizzling at this time how about the last swap for Breambuster. Just posted for parachutes and if previous people in swap don't fill it again there will be openings. You not only get a nice set of swap flies, these are being judged by peers and above so they're done to best of our abilities. Great fun and BB does a great job as always. Love to see yours.