Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Series Final Round

Henrik,

Thanks for the review, the pattern I used did not call for a tail or a shuck, so I did not include one. However I think it might add to the pattern. Thorax is Peacock, agreed it could be a little longer and heavier. Thanks for the pointers on hackleing, I don't tie many parachutes so I can use all the help I can get.

Tight Lines,

Bob

...Thanks for the review, the pattern I used did not call for a tail or a shuck, so I did not include one. ...

Thought it, therefor I put the :-P behind it... was not ment as anything but a joke. However writing texts with smiles of irony and a bit of dark humor is hard ;-)

Have fun

/H

Henrik.

I'm very inexperienced with this tie, and really appreciate the feedback. I think I've come a long way since my previous attempts but I think the critique you've given will help take them just a little further.

I'm interesting in figuring out how to get my dubbing tight, but I think that will come with practise.

Also. BB, Bring on next year if it continues, and while I won't be able to commit to the whole series, I'd be more than happy to fill in the odd gap as needed.

Thanks again for letting play out this last one.

Dave, don't know what you're using but for small flies consider a plastic box of Superfine Dubbing. All the basic insect colors will be there and nothing is easier to work with IMO. I have really finally grown to realize how little you need for these small flies. A wisp of dubbing, slightly wet fingers, spin tight. I still find myself using half of what I think I'll need and pulling some of when getting to post.

Thanks mate. I use something called possum dubbing for dries. And am still figuring out just how little I need....