Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

metered postage

metered%20postage_zpsjrtxplxl.jpg (it may not look exactly like this but hopefully you get it)

swappers

metered postage is what the postal clerk will afiix to you swap flies mailing envelope and is only good for the day that is posted on the label.

it is worthless as postage for the return envelope that you inserted in the main envelope

its called a "self addressed STAMPED envelope" for a reason

example

swapper%20envelope_zpsu0e0xmgr.jpg

the envelope below is the only envelope that gets the metered label

swapmeister%20envelope_zpsa75uoy3b.jpg

I sent a couple of double bagged swap flies out one time and gave them to my daughter to mail and said the Postmistress would know how to do it. Sure enough Murphy's Law kicked in and there was a new sub in that day and she Metered both bags. I think it was BB talked his PM into sending it but other one I sent postage with next mail to him.

yup i have the time. tell the world :)

toilet fixed

totally new computer replaced the tired old one

this morning i went to my 89 year old dads house to fix his central air conditioning

flytire you have been a very busy man it seems! A man of all trades???

The reason why the meter postage does not work as you have shown is because there is a post mark date which indicated the mailing date. If it is mailed after that date technically it is void. If some of you are fortunate enough to have access to a postage meter you can program it to do the postage but leave off the date. When it hits to Post Office they will place their post mark stamp on it to show the mail date. Just thought I would share,

one must learn to fix the toilet if one is to use the toilet smile.png

one must not let an 89 year old man suffer in this brutal heat wave we are currently having here in connecticut

We got a reprieve this week-end!!! Friday it was a 107 here in East Texas but it is only supposed to be in the lower 90's this week. It's been hot this summer but hey it August in Texas and I have seen it must worse, I am glad you got your father taken care of!!!