Fly Tying
jjs89yj

Redfish Crab Swap

Is it that bad over there Salty? I was in Sebastian back in June but only fished one night at the inlet. Hooked one good fish on a buck tail but lost it. Little signs of life, like mullet jumping, even on the outgoing. I did find some fish along the beach at sunup, lots of bait and a few really nice jacks to play with. Unfortunately no snook though. I didn't get a good look at the rive down there except driving past it.

i'm gonna tie for this one too- so with me and fishinorhuntin in, there's one last spot. Who wants it?

agn54

The river sucks bad but right now there's a lot of snook in the surf. Best I've seen in years. Finger mullet are there too. Now that Hermine is gone and the winds lay down I'll take the whip out some. Heard of a 50" caught in Canaveral surf yesterday.

I see we ended up with 9 total, so that's 8 flies to tie (so as not to get one of our own back), right?

Dave's flies came in today-- they look awesome! I post up pictures once everyone's flies come in.

Got them tied, toe tagged and in an envelope, ready to go, but here on the East coast of Virginia, I might have to pull the boat out to get to the Post Office! I am going to try and get them sent tomorrow or Friday.

I got mandogs and Agn's crabs today. These are some really good looking flies! Did you guys know y'all are practically neighbors?