Fly Tying
milkman

how to access Fly Pattern Database

When I find a fly I like in a forum that says it is in the database, I am unable to access it. I click on the link and it takes me to the main menu. I got to the database and try to search by keyword and I am sent to the main menu. Most recently I tried searching by tyers name and the fly was not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Milkman ... the database is part of the site that's not sufficiently kept up. Sometimes, it seems to work fine. More often, though, it takes repeated tries to get proper responses.

Good luck with that.

Hi milkman,

I just tried it using the Browse by Member and it seemed to be working just fine. I tried three different folks including me, and the two patterns that I submitted a long time ago were still there. Was there any flies displayed by the tier that you searched for? Did you try any others that were listed?

Regards,

Mark

If im looking for more specific flies i.e. deerhair, I just go to the browse by tag and look through the thousand or so tags. Its a pain in the you know what, but it works!

you must have some magical powers to view "by materials"

heres what i get when clicking on "deerhair"

screen%20shot_zpspfprzf2x.jpg

white screen and thats it

Flytire, I do not browse by material. I browse by tag, and search for the specific tag I want. It's like doing a word search, lol, but if you have the patience it works!