Fly Tying
vicrider

Let's start thinking Christmas Swap

Today brought us some top quality gifts from BB, Kudu, Horseshoes and Wetsock. Kudu had a couple of extras for Santa that could not have fit my needs any better. Special blend coffee and no leak cup.

For those running late, keep at it. I won't get excited about late arrivals but very disappointed in no arrival. Right now the quality of items received exceeds last year's and last year was a great year. I'll start taking pictures soon and post them for all to get excited about.

Just noticed, and im not calling anyone out, but it seems to me that the "regulars" here, haven't sent the flies in for the most part, while some of the quieter, not as active members have fulfilled their duties. I know their is still time but the regulars should set an example for the newer members of the forum to follow, otherwise they will just think if its late it doesnt really matter...

Again, not calling anyone out just a heads up :)

Just noticed, and im not calling anyone out, but it seems to me that the "regulars" here, haven't sent the flies in for the most part, while some of the quieter, not as active members have fulfilled their duties. I know their is still time but the regulars should set an example for the newer members of the forum to follow, otherwise they will just think if its late it doesnt really matter...

Flats, this is what due dates are for. Some of the regulars have full time jobs and kids, wifes ect. As long as they have their flies in on time what better example can they set? I for one have reasons I am going to the deadline. I personally actually make the fly box I send my flies in, some of the guys here also send way more flies than required and that takes time, this is something your not going to open till Christmas. :)

If my memory serves me correctly Flats you've gotten close to the wire yourself. Nobody

is late yet so why make an issue of a matter that doesn't exist yet . Thanks Vicrider for

running the swap.

Flats while I am still newer here than many, I've done my share of swapping sometimes I am a little both of those times I have been working 8-10 hours a day overt am hour from my house plus having to pick up my crew, the only post office neat the job site was at least 20 minutes away, things like this make it impossible sometimes, Further more no one is late yet. My Flys went of today with I think almost 3 times the amount of Flys required it took me a little longer to make sure I was sending out a nice well rounded set.

Ease off guys. This is a CHRISTMAS SWAP being run with CHRISTMAS SPIRIT in mind. No one's late and I'm here to tell ya' some of the sets coming are definitely way Above and Beyond. I go through these and think how lucky you guys are I can't get out to fish the way I'd like to or they'd all be lost in the mail. Gonna be a lot of smiling faces this Christmas.

And I did specify that it is more important to get these to me near the date but rather get them late than have someone drop out. It takes me a good week to sort wrap, assign names to the wheel of fortune and spin. Then address and take care of postal duties. A few days late won't hurt anything while I'm still in the sort and wrap stage. If someone's did come in late I'd just keep them and swap a set with them. No sweat.

I will get mine in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. They'll be in by the due date. Thanks Vic for doing this, I'm sure this must be the most complicated swap to host by far :)

Mine should arrive Thursday. Thanks for hosting this every year, it's always a fantastic swap

I screwed up a couple times, but never late. And, no one looks up to me, everyone looks up to Joe etc...

Dont sell yourself short Flats, your doing great with the videos despite trying to balance school. I actually have a ton of admiration for you that your tying flies instead of the crap alot of people your age are doing right now. So despite you being younger doesn't mean we cant look up to you. At your age I was "borrowing cars" and general mischief type stuff.

Joe, you have no idea. Kids in the 6th grade are smoking weed, vape, all that nonsense. It really is sad, underage drinking is so common now, btw I dont do any of that, drug test me if you want

And Mike, thank you for that lovely pm